ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do i/dont i?

White APE
Need some opinions.

Im spraying my bullets and front diamond as we speak.
Car is Titanium and the badges have gone Rover stone grey.

Now the plan was to paint the lettering in silver to match the car. But now ive got the first coat of paint down im not sure whether to keep them like that. I dont want to put the badges on the car then decide i want to paint the letters later becuase they were a pain in the arse to get off already.

Heres one drying currently...

DSC_0091.jpg

What to do??

White APE
Not lacquerd yet as that is the first coat of paint drying as we speak.

I quite like it which is why im unsure. Anyone got pics of their colour combo's like this?

TrackCar & F30 330d
I have my bullets sprayed the same colour at my wheels, Slightly darker that athrasite (i know i'v spelt it wrong)
I havnt painted the lettering and i think it looks good as it is imo
Sooooooooo lacquer them then put them on :)

White APE
IMG_7094.jpg

Best I could find at the mo, will go out and take a better pic if you want

Cheers Koi. If you wouldnt mind getting a side on pic of the car? Would be quite hand so i could compare that to unpainted.

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
I have mine sprayed black just. with the lettering the same colour. orignally painted the letters on one of them white, but could not got a clean enough finish so just done them all black.

White APE
HAHA, Cheers fella.

What colour are your bullets? Also, what paint did you use to do the silver lettering?

koi

Audi S1
They are Rover stone grey and kind of cheated with the silver lettering lol Had a silver metallic marker pen so used that :eek:

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Silver lettering is a must IMO.... It just looks so much better

White APE
They are Rover stone grey and kind of cheated with the silver lettering lol Had a silver metallic marker pen so used that :eek:

LOL!

Really dont know whether to get a silver touch up pen or something like the plasti-kote enamel stuff.

And yes, you have made me stick with my origional plan of doing the silver letters.