ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do people really believe this works

The ECU will advance the timing itself until knock is detected. If you cheat the ECU the temperature of the intake air, it will cause knock and damage and engine.

I think it wil[/QUOTE]

not sure about the clio, but in all the vehicles i am familiar with if the inlet air is colder this will make the ECU inject slightly more fuel to compensate for denser charge, but wont change ignition timing

usually ignition maps are set by rpm/MAP or perhaps rpm/throttle

Quote: Originally posted by Taxi Two on 09 March 2004
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">The ECU will advance the timing itself until knock is detected. If you cheat the ECU the temperature of the intake air, it will cause knock and damage and engine.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"><DIV id=hotbar_promo></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><BLOCKQUOTE id=f1fa81e2>I think it wil[/QUOTE]

a dump valve???

Quote: Originally posted by BluePete on 09 March 2004
going to get a dump valve for my 1.4 at the same time

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Taxi Two on 09 March 2004

The ECU will advance the timing itself until knock is detected. If you cheat the ECU the temperature of the intake air, it will cause knock and damage and engine.

[/QUOTE]it just tricks the ecu to use a stragedy for a colder coolant temp so increasing the richness to suite the colder temp.it adjusts timing and injection duration.