ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do Renault...

Have a skeleton type key for lockign wheel nuts?

Been to two garages who have failed to remove mine since my key broke. MOT failed today and i need these nuts off asap.

WIll call renault first thing tomorow but does anyone know if they have the original key or a key that will do the job?

Thanks.

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
Doubt they have a Skelton key. I do know you can buy a locking wheel nut removal tool from somewhere like halfords though usually with all the sockets in the cabinets etc. Good luck

www.renparts.co.uk
not for those renault ones, they are pretty easy to remove, get a punch, small chisel or large screwdriver and knock it between the spinning collar and the nut, they are pretty brittle and break off quite easily. once removed knock a socket on to the remaining nut.

AK

M240i
Have a skeleton type key for lockign wheel nuts?

Been to two garages who have failed to remove mine since my key broke. MOT failed today and i need these nuts off asap.

WIll call renault first thing tomorow but does anyone know if they have the original key or a key that will do the job?

Thanks.

Mines broke the first time i used it! Have to book the car in for a warranty fix anyone so will be making sure they replace the key for free too!

not for those renault ones, they are pretty easy to remove, get a punch, small chisel or large screwdriver and knock it between the spinning collar and the nut, they are pretty brittle and break off quite easily. once removed knock a socket on to the remaining nut.

Rite thanks for the reply.

What do you mean by a punch? Im happy to give it a go as if i get the collars off it should be easy enoug has u say.

i had a garage remove mine they had a tool for removing them it was like a socket but the face had 2 spikes like this _^___^_ they hammered the spikes into the nut then used a wrench to get it off.
they tryed to snap the collar but broke 3 snap on chisles lol

Renault can do all 4 for £45 + VAT then a few quid for some new nuts. Seems decent enough.

Should i just go to them or do you think it is easy enough to get them off myself/help of a a mechanic. He thinks they can be drilled out?

Bump.

They cant do the nuts until next thursday. MOT will expire then and i need pads/tyres fitted by then as im driving to stranraer to go to belfast. Dont want to risk it in a car with no MOT.

PLEASE HELP!