ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you ever get comments on your car?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I'm wondering this because I get quite a few, especially at petrol stations, the attendant usually looks over and says "lovely colour" or "they're pretty fast those aren't they" or words to that effect.

Wondered if anyone else gets similar comments or if it's a renault sport thing?!

mk1 Octavia VRS
Not had many on my Clio but I don't do many miles in it. Used to get a lot more with my old Celica and Integra Type R. My girfriend gets quite a few about her MR2 - someone in the petrol station the other day asked if it was her car and seemed surprised when she said yes!

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
Yes, towards the Audi.
Never towards the Clio, although once had someone tell me that it wasn't a 172 cup as they only come in blue.

Listerine & Poledo
Lots of funny people comment on my car. They're truly hilarious. Not not mention inventive and novel.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I've only had once since I have had my ST.

"Did Daddy buy that for you? Aww look, driving Daddy's car".

Was tempted to call him a gimp, but may have got punched. I just smiled to myself knowing I bought it, and that the bloke was clearly a pikey.

Used to get comments on my RB 200 all the time. Cup spoiler, Speedlines, Recaro's, silly loud exhaust&decat combo.

My 1.2 attracts quite a lot of attention at work surprisingly.

Chav
Why have you lowered it?
It's just a shitty old Clio
When are you going to get a new car?
You want to get another Clio after this?!

Etc

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Every time I see someone I know.

Why is it so loud
Why are you driving that
Where do your kids sit
Aren't you a bit old for that

Sounds very familiar & that's just when I'm in the sunflower.
U can imagine the comments when I'm in the V6

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
When I had both cats removed in the Subaru I got a lot of comments about the noise "can't you turn that down". LOL

Megane 225 f1
Chavvy kids - wo nice car ennit blud? Yea hands and eyes off!
My Nan - oooo your cars a bit low and its too loud! No Nan your too old!
Mates at work - your stripes are wonky! They usually get 2 fingers back!

Titanium 182
Maybe it's the sound of the exhaust but I've had several positive comments on mine and I've not even owned it a year yet! Pretty chuffed when it happens as most people just see it as another Clio

Clio 182 Cup
Starting to become a frequent thing for me since owning mine, usually "It looks really nice!" or "I really love the colour and look of it" even bumped into the very original owner of the and even he was quite taken back by it :)

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
The only one i've had recently was a biker - his words were 'What the fcuk is in that thing - it's bloody quick' whilst sat at a set of lights after a quick play. I love my Lolvo!

Last edited:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Nope, I keep it sh*tty looking for a reason so I don't draw attention to it, silver is the best colour for not getting noticed,
no Renault Sport badges, curbed alloys, just a bog standard grocery getter,
which makes it even funnier when it's alot quicker than people were expecting, if they do ask 'what the hell have you done to that'?
I usually say 'nothing it's just a sh*tty old Clio', then let them go on their way wondering why their expensive new car struggled to keep up with it.

Clio 182
Taken mine to some garages before and one said it was a very fun car as he used to own... he ask was it a real 182 haha some people 9robably just think its just a clio and other think boy racer.... seems to attract alot of tailgaters too!!!!
saw a bin man having a good look at it once when it was on the driveway... youngish lad, im hoping he was thinking it looks good haha
both my parents and my girlfriend say that they can hear me coming when I visit (not got decat) haha

I did in the Clio, get nothing in the Golf tbh, get the odd Saxo boy racer staring when I'm at the pumps, aside from that nothing.

Mates constantly speak about it, but that's different.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
When I first got the 197, the lady at the petrol station said "thats a nice colour" when I said thank you she followed up with "yeah, I quite like those Meganes"

I was like "u wot m8?! It's a fukn clio!"

That was two and a bit years ago and I've had no attention paid to it since. Bar a couple of kids.

Clio with a body kit
I get a lot of have you still got your clio? It's in the garage and haven't had a lot of chance to get out in it lately.
Had the usual stuff as well, what kit is that?
is that a sub in the back? How many bhp are you running? And the favourite is where do you put the shopping?

Suzuki Jimny
'Is this the one with the engine in the back?'

No, that's the V6.

'Is it under the back seats?'

RB182cup&golf gti
Mine rarely makes an appearance these days. I had my ST and 182 parked on the drive a few weeks ago and a delivery guy was asking about the 182. In fact quite a few delivery people ask about the 182!
The guys at the MOT garage love it and comment on how mint it is.

Mec 350 slk manual
I used to get loads of comments from the old bag down the road where i lived about my exhaust when i used to start it at 6 in the morning going to work