ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you ever get sick of your loud exhaust?

Serious, can see them here, and hanging from the mirror aswell :)

untitled.gif

06122009073.gif

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Mine was awesome only when in the mood, p**sed me off bigstyle any othertime, and i felt a twit taking people who have no interest in cars out in it.

This ^^

Also long journys did my nut in

Titanium 182
I've only ever had the standard system on both my 182 & 172 :(

My coilovers get on my tits on the commute into Leeds though. STD wasn't much less bumpy though so..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Mine isn't that loud, but I do get sick of the extra petrol I have to buy due to booting the car to hear the exhaust rev. :D

Wouldn't want it any other way. I'm going to try and make it louder next year I think.

TTRS & V50
They are g'hey. Never liked them, Ktec stealth is my worst mod i've done. I think they are good for 1-2% of my driving. And i don't even commute anymore. lolz.

TTRS & V50
Never get sick of mine (K-tec recessed with decat) regardless of whether I'm in the mood or not tbh although long motorway journeys can cause headaches in which case I usually put my foot down to get home quicker.

I think a loud exhaust is a proper exhaust tbh, I can't stand the noise the engine makes when booting it as standard, it's just not right.

Have a look under your bonnet, you might realise why it doesn't sound good, lol.

Its just annoying attention seeking noise/racket. For most, hence why people boot it in 30's or 40's, so people look at them.

Don't get me wrong though, there are a lot of people that like them NOT for that reason, most people on CS, hence why i like this site. Go to Sax-p, and its all about NOISE.

320d
I like my exhaust. Its droney on the motorway but it doesn't bother me or give me headaches.

I wouldn't want a hugely loud exhaust system, I had a mate who had a 1.1 Saxo and it was so loud it give me a headache after literally a 5 minute drive.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
TVR sounded epic, but the baffles have gone and it now sound like a wasp which is annoying.

I've fitted a OEM exhuast to the VTS and going to work in silence is bliss.

Golf GTD Mk7
love mine, but as said it's what other people think. driving with the mrs and she's moaning about it being too load. Too be fare at oulton it got a bit much, so purchased some earplugs for track, but never use them on the roads. sounds awersome :approve:

One of the reasons I got the janspeed exhaust, as its not too loud for every day driving, even then at certain revs it annoys me sometimes. Couldn't put up with a yozza day to day and for long journeys.

BMW M5 & E36
Had a Yozzasport and decat on my old 182. Amazing when in the mood, mare when I wanted a relaxing run to work at 6 in the morning. Was a nice change when I put the standard exhaust back on to sell it.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Had a Yozzasport and decat on my old 182. Amazing when in the mood, mare when I wanted a relaxing run to work at 6 in the morning. Was a nice change when I put the standard exhaust back on to sell it.

Fantastic at 6 in the morning when you wanted to upset the villages on the way to work!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Hate them!! 197 sounds mint as standard, Renault got it bob on imo. My 172 up had a Ktec stealth fitted when i bought it (two weeks old too) It was off within the week, soooooo w**k! OEM ftw! I actually think the 172 lump sounds ok when pushed, quite gruff when worked, nice note change at 5k too.

Yeah i got sick of mine, ended up putting my standard back box on, couldnt believe how quiet and civilised it is now, much nicer when on a long drive

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
nope. i like the burble! nice and warm feeling whilst de-icing the car lol.

I heard some Clio down Lakeside yesterday with some stupidly loud exhaust, I was quite away from the car & it was very loud, god knows what it must have been like in the car !:dead:

It was a sort of burgundy coloured dynamique with a set of muti spoke alloys on it. It sounded awful tbh.

Mine had the KTek Stealth (silenced centre as well) on when I got it, way to much of a drone for my liking... although it was never going to help it's not much worse with the decat on now.
They're not fast enough to warrant stupidily loud exhausts!

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
Mine's apparently 88db's, but it does my head in on motorways and rattles like fcuk :(

Having it refitted properly this weekend, but getting a sports cat and will look at a custom made system with as little noise as possible... that no one seems capable of making these days