ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dodgy Garage work

Clio 172
looking for some advice on how best to deal with this situation, I put my Clio into a local garage to get both front and rear pads and discs changed and also my hand brake cable sorted. Picked the car up today after work was looking forward to getting it back took it for a drive for approx 14 miles on country roads with a wee bit of enjoyment and as i came into a village i went to slow down as i pressed the brake peddle i herd a bang and a rattle at the back end! pulled the car over to find that the drivers rear pads are no longer there!

iv been in touch with him tonight and the car is due to be picked up ( had to leave it 5 miles away from my house) fixed and dropped off! he quoted £360 to do the jobs but as things stand atm i have not payed a penny!

would would have caused this and what sorta discount should i receive for his bad work!

im a joiner to trade so no idea all i know is if i was to install a window for someone and about an hour later it fell out or part of it fell off i think i could sing for the money i quoted!

cheers

David

Last edited:
  Clio 172
no! when he phone i made it clear i was pissed off and told him where the car was and he said he would have it sorted first thing tomorrow! I thought it was a high price but need the car to get me back and fore to work so it was a judgment out of need not cost! lol

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
As Fred said above, it's also the most common f'k up when replacing rear brakes.

Clio 172
cheers Fred, as i was coming into a village i was more worried about a child running out in front of my car! the mechanic picked the car up on sat around 12 oclock and iv yet to here anything from him! no contact by the time i finish work ill be paying him a visit!

Clio 172
I had that , they hadn't put the puns in the rear pads , I told them I wanted a refund or I would go to trading standards ( as this was a huge safety issue , and my wife was driving T the time ) and the refunded me , always go to a cliosport approved garage if poss ,