ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dodo Juice Products - First Impressions

Mito Sportiva 135
The packaging is a big let down IMO, for a premium product just looks a bit naf I think, and names are embarassing to say.

What sounds cooler, Swisswax Onyx or Dodo Juide Banana Armour/ Rainforest Rub/ Blue Velvet etc...their marketing man needs to have a word with himself!

And Mat, when you can, that would be great, thanks.

EDIT: Have just been on the official DJ site, have to say I am even more baffled now. I just don't have a clue why they have positioned the product like this. I mean, I suppose its good not to take themselves too seriously, but they basically admit to smoking drugs and put comments like "it comes from coal or something" - by all reports they have good products but I just don't understand their business strategy really at all. Whats more they don't even have the new range of waxes on the official site...

Last edited:
How to choose

First choose between a "Hard Wax" or a "Soft Wax" ?
A lot of people like the spread ability and softness of the soft wax. It is easier to scoop out of the jar and can be apply by hand. Although some people find a hard wax easier to apply as it allows you to apply a thinner layer which helps with buffing. It really is a personal choice.

Next decide if you want a wax tailored to the colour of your car or a generic wax that can be applied to all colours?
The ‘colour-charged’ effect of the coloured waxes is very subtle. If you need a wax for all colours then go for one of the generic ones.

SoftWax
Rain Forest Rub- All Colours
Purple Haze - Dark Colours
Orange Crush - Colours
Light Fantastic - Light Colours

Hard Wax
Hard Candy - All Colours
Blue Velvet - Dark Colours
Banana Armour - Warm Colours
Diamond White - Light Colours

Light Colours include:
Silvers, White, Light Metallics, Light Blues.

Warm Colours include:
Yellows, Orange, Reds, Gold.

Dark Colours include:
Black, Greys, Dark Blues, Dark Metallics

The new double waxes are Dodo's new premium products.

Mito Sportiva 135
How to choose

First choose between a "Hard Wax" or a "Soft Wax" ?
A lot of people like the spread ability and softness of the soft wax. It is easier to scoop out of the jar and can be apply by hand. Although some people find a hard wax easier to apply as it allows you to apply a thinner layer which helps with buffing. It really is a personal choice.

Next decide if you want a wax tailored to the colour of your car or a generic wax that can be applied to all colours?
The ‘colour-charged’ effect of the coloured waxes is very subtle. If you need a wax for all colours then go for one of the generic ones.

SoftWax
Rain Forest Rub- All Colours
Purple Haze - Dark Colours
Orange Crush - Colours
Light Fantastic - Light Colours

Hard Wax
Hard Candy - All Colours
Blue Velvet - Dark Colours
Banana Armour - Warm Colours
Diamond White - Light Colours

Light Colours include:
Silvers, White, Light Metallics, Light Blues.

Warm Colours include:
Yellows, Orange, Reds, Gold.

Dark Colours include:
Black, Greys, Dark Blues, Dark Metallics

The new double waxes are Dodo's new premium products.

Well for £70 I would hope they are premium! But are they just improvements over the current ones or not? It seems like they are bringing out a new product every time they think of one...

The packaging is a big let down IMO, for a premium product just looks a bit naf I think, and names are embarassing to say.

What sounds cooler, Swisswax Onyx or Dodo Juide Banana Armour/ Rainforest Rub/ Blue Velvet etc...their marketing man needs to have a word with himself!

And Mat, when you can, that would be great, thanks.

EDIT: Have just been on the official DJ site, have to say I am even more baffled now. I just don't have a clue why they have positioned the product like this. I mean, I suppose its good not to take themselves too seriously, but they basically admit to smoking drugs and put comments like "it comes from coal or something" - by all reports they have good products but I just don't understand their business strategy really at all. Whats more they don't even have the new range of waxes on the official site...

Dodo's marketing - well you either love it or hate it. But it seems to be working.

The official site has not been updated yet as pj has been away. I'm still waiting for them to add my logo to the official dealers page.

Mito Sportiva 135
Well, as someone who studies marketing, I hate it I have to say. It is intriguing I guess, and different, which has been good to create exposure, and use of colours certainly helps it to stand out, but it just seems a bit juvenile to me?

At the end of the day though, it is a car wax and the packaging wouldn't stop me from buying it, but I think they could have at least named the individual waxes better whilst still keeping in with the whole animal/ rainforest theme.

I wih them luck though anyway, and by sounds of things they are doing well so what do I know!

106 GTi
Well for £70 I would hope they are premium! But are they just improvements over the current ones or not? It seems like they are bringing out a new product every time they think of one...

The pre release shots of DW look like something from the Tesco Value range ! I shall be trying them and trying my hardest to ignore the labels ...

Mito Sportiva 135
^ pleased its not just me then!

Be honest though Rich, would you feel embarassed asking a customer if they want some Rainforest Rub?!? Or opening up a tab and them asking how some playdoh is going to help things...

In the words of DW, "Image is everything" and not sure I like the DJ identity as it stands.

106 GTi
I got some abuse on a thread on DW when I said my views on the look of the Double Wax wax pots.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Mat what size are the sample wax's...Any pics?
Dodo_Samples.gif

These are the sample pots recently issued to detailers. Size looks to be 30ml.

As I understand it the new sample packs will have slightly different packaging / labels. Will confirm back.

^Thats a decent size imo! Easy get 5-10 cars out of that! I've done 6cars on my tub of ONYX and it's barely used any!!!

I'll be in touch about a couple of bits and bobs.

Mito Sportiva 135
Agreed, a sample set is tempting me, as I don't seem to ever actually ever finish any products! Could we specify, for example, 2 sample pots of a specific wax, or is the set predetermined Mat?

Rich - as a designer I am pleased you agree! The packaging is an extension of a product and can affect your perception and experence of it.

Agreed, a sample set is tempting me, as I don't seem to ever actually ever finish any products! Could we specify, for example, 2 sample pots of a specific wax, or is the set predetermined Mat?

Rich - as a designer I am pleased you agree! The packaging is an extension of a product and can affect your perception and experence of it.

No its going to be just the three kits, all the soft waxes, all the hard waxes and all eight waxes.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I'd be interested in the hard samples! Do alot of different colour's cars so it's always good to see.

106 GTi
The Dodo juice chap on DW said the colour changed waxes don't add that much of a difference to the generic versions or the lighter colour versions when I asked about why so much added colour in the darker ones. The colour magic nature has stained a brand new foam pad even though he stated it would wash out.