ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DODO Wax nooooooo :'( DISASTER

LOL dropped my nearly full jar today and the glass broke!! Have got the block of wax, but no jar now, what can i do with it now? can i put it in another jar and then heat it slowly (microwave?) so it melts neat again? i really dont know what to do with it, (in a carrier bag at the moment!)

Please helllppp

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Can't heat it or it f***s it up!¬ Goes all bitty...Just put it in a old butter tub...WIll do the job!

yes but ittll just be in a block in the tupperware, and you cant rub the cloth in it like you could the jar :'( so annoyed!!

also how do you apply it with your hand?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
yes but ittll just be in a block in the tupperware, and you cant rub the cloth in it like you could the jar :'( so annoyed!!

also how do you apply it with your hand?

Take a small chunk...Warm it in your hands till you can't see it. Then using the balls of your hard rub it on...You go through alot tho! And imo a app pad is better for a consistant finish.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Take a small chunk...Warm it in your hands till you can't see it. Then using the balls of your hard rub it on...You go through alot tho! And imo a app pad is better for a consistant finish.

I quite often apply dodo juice by hand, you do use more, and it's quite messy though.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Can't heat it or it f**ks it up!¬ Goes all bitty...Just put it in a old butter tub...WIll do the job!

I've metled loads of waxes and mixed my own and they've never gone bitty as you call it .

Is it just the dodo wax that goes bitty ?

I'd put the wax in an empty soup / bean can . Put the can in a pan half filled with water , simmer and melt it down that way . Then you can put it into a container of your choice .

106 GTi
I am sure someone on DW dropped one and was able to get a replacement empty pot by contacting the makers (they are now plastic btw).

LOL MELTING!!

DSC_0516.png

C

clvs2222

lol, i did exsactly the same thing about 6 months ago, first time i used it, dropped it. put it in a plastic chineese pot. its ok, but has gone slightly dryer. i just spray a dab of detailer spray on it every now and again. Agree with the glass jar being a stupid idea.

BMW E92/Audi S3
Get rid of it. There will be glass bits in it and it will f**k your paintwork up. I did it last summer..