ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

does anybody regret buying their valver

TT 225

Ive never seen anyone post on here and have regrets about buying a valver - especially on reliability issues!

Its not much different than your RT for anything breaking!

Dunno about your insurance tho - mines nice and cheap :p

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

NEVER! buying my valver was the best thing i ever did.. insurance is £775 with mods included (thats with 1 yr no claims) and so far.. shes running perfect.

They a too much fun to regret buying i get withdrawal symptons if i dont drive mine for a few days :(

You get the normal troubles but you get that with ne car and as for insurance its pritty cheap for the performance of the car.

sometimes they need a little more tlc than you would have to do with say a golf gti, but they are a hoot, and the best of the older generation hot hatches (although pugs get a look in)

I do and dont.

I do regret because i bought a lemon which cost me more in 6months to maintain than it did to buy it.

I dont regret becuase it was the most fun 6 months ive ever had on the roads.

Buy one you pussy. You only live once, and the Valvers will die out soon. Im happy i lived the experience, dented in the sky rocket but still, happy.

dont regret buying it but it has cost me ££££s to sort out in the 2 years ive owned it search for a mint one and you wont be dissapointed

What would insurance be like for a 19 year old with 1 years NCB ?? i was quoted 2k for a 2.0 16v megane coupe IDE (150 BHP ins group 13), so i was kinda thinkin 1800 ??? No-one will do me an online quote.

******PLUS RANDOM QUESTION******

Do ph2 valvers come with body colour bump strips ?

i was 19 when i got mine insurance was renewed at 19 too and it was £1150 with 3yrs no claims and pass plus that was with "which car insurance?" as for regrets i have had my times where i have, having 1 at the moment... but on a summers day when its been cleaned and everythins goin sweet, ya sitting in a beer garden over listening a group of lads saying "what part of their anatomy they would cut off to own that clio" brings a big smile to ya face.:D

Titanium 182

he might have had a scotter when he was 16 or used them 10 month plocys where u get yrs no claims and it all fell into place etc

i havent driven my valver yet had in for abot 9 weeks now, but if u have seen the pics its been getting worked on alot

i dont regret buying it at all, i just love looking at it!

get 1 now before its 2 late

The worst thing about my Valver was the day I sold it. It was a beautiful car and the only reason I could ever part with it was for a Williams. Sure, they cost loads of money to run, but how many enthusiasts cars arent like that?

Although itll always live in the shadow of the Williams, it is already one of the hot hatch icons. I cant believe how much you get for your money.

Never regretted it yet

Surely hard to beat in terms of "bang for yer buck"

Just do a search for the things you should look for when looking to buy one :)

In terms of maintenance etc I think I have spent about £500 on mine in 18months, not too shabby for a 93!

C

chip16v

cliosportcraig try adrian flux because when i was 19 with 1yr ncb i insured my 16v for £1100 tpft

only had mine a short while and no regrets yet but to be honest even if things do go wrong its not like i wouldnt be expecting them. and then when i fix it ill be all happy again!!

ive only legally held a licence since jan 2002 and my insurance is only 1100 with all mods declared.

never regetted it its great any other car that i have owned and its broken down id get the ump but my valver i just shrug my sholders and say oh well its worth it.

get one with full service history and your laughing

the only thing that will make me get rid of my valver at the moment is a supra tt

jaimie

Ive had mine 4 less than half a year and have had 2 spend more than i did 2 buy it on fixing it:gearbox repaired,wishbones,ball joints twice in a month on the same bloody side,bearings,brake pipe,drive flange,welding on front chassis,oil filter,fuel filter,timing belt,pads, and its strugelling 2 go in2 1st or 2nd and the front disks are warped not 2 mention it needs new tyres as most of them have their sidewall kerbed and the MOTs up in a month!!!So if u dont have money 2 spend on it after uve bought it DONT.otherwise its a nippy and attractive wee car.

In some ways i do - ive spent towards 8k on repairs and some mods since febuary but, TBH, it was a bit of a lemon i bought! Now its become reliable and drives the way it should, ive lost all the regrets and thoughts i had about binning it off! Quote my dad; "that isnt the same car you bought in febuary!".

Buy one but make sure its sound!

cliosport craig just to let you know i passed my test at 17 not had pedda.... but for some reason after the first yr i got certificate for 2yrs and every yr it goes up 1 eg after 2yrs i got 3yrs nc. I toyed with the idea of tellin them but fort if they willin to rip me off f**ke em

2004 Racing Blue 182

mate, if u dont buy one, that is the regret u will have. ive had mine about 3 months now, spent a couple hundred on it to date, needs the tappets sorting, but you owning one gives u that disease as my mate put it, "when u walk away from your car u always have to look back at it and everytime u think, wow thats mine"

there isnt one thing i can fault a valver on, looks = wow, perfomance = gasp, handling = weeeeeeeee, sound = mmmmm, they are just awesome.

YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT IF U GET A GOOD UN.

-->BV

Never!

The only thing I do regret slightly is that fact Ive spent over £10K in the last thirteen months (buying car, servicing, repairs, mods, insurance) and the fact I have to work bloody hard to stop myself becoming bankrupt.

But Id probably do this with any car.....its just I dont mind so much with a valver!

Quote: Originally posted by BlackValver on 16 October 2003

mate, if u dont buy one, that is the regret u will have. ive had mine about 3 months now, spent a couple hundred on it to date, needs the tappets sorting, but you owning one gives u that disease as my mate put it, "when u walk away from your car u always have to look back at it and everytime u think, wow thats mine"

there isnt one thing i can fault a valver on, looks = wow, perfomance = gasp, handling = weeeeeeeee, sound = mmmmm, they are just awesome.

YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT IF U GET A GOOD UN

Thats exactly what i do. Im so glad im not alone on that.

Sad eh?

Titanium 182

droive mine 4 the 1st time last nite, after 2mnths of owner ship

do it mate f**king ace things

thinking back at this and yes buying the valver is the biggest mistake of my life.... its the most expensive piece of sh*t i have ever seen and i bought it.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Quote: Originally posted by Tom_16v on 17 October 2003

The only thing I do regret slightly is that fact Ive spent over £10K in the last thirteen months (buying car, servicing, repairs, mods, insurance) and the fact I have to work bloody hard to stop myself becoming bankrupt.
Thats what puts me off the thought of buying a valver, theres no way I could afford 10k in just over a year. Id be too worried about buying a duff one from some of the things you read on here.

Titanium 182

rick if you live your life worryin then theren no point in living,

deal with probsas they come

myky, easy, just save sum cash get it sorted and have some fun

lost it eariler with the cr and give it a kickin. the heaters keep goin on n off constantly think its duff conection and the stereo keeps goin off as well as loads off other things, i have spent virtually every weekend for the lst yr fixing the c**t every time i fix sumut sumut else brakes. reno are experts at makin sh*te cars!