ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does caliper have to come off?

ClioSport 172 Cup
Is there an easy way to change the disc on the 172 cup without completely removing the caliper? The instructions that came with the Brembo's shows one bolt being removed and then the caliper rotates up and away from the disc, how does this work?? I took the caliper off completely last time I changed them.

Samuel

As said, just remove the two bolts bolting the caliper to the hub.
You'll probably have to take the pads out to push the piston back to accomodate the slightly larger width of a fresh disc anyway.

ClioSport 172 Cup
ok fitted new discs. is it normal for the pads to be touching the discs when the wheel turns even though the brake pedal isnt pressed?
?

ok fitted new discs. is it normal for the pads to be touching the discs when the wheel turns even though the brake pedal isnt pressed?
?

^^bloody scary, i hope you have done it all right,if unsure take it to someone who knows what they're doing.

Clio 197
?

To a certain extent yes the pad will always make contact with the disc, if you have fitted the pads in the caliber ok then the piston is wound back enough - it will settle once you have used them for the first time.

As long as the pad isn't stopping the wheel from turning (seized caliper) then there is no issue

Mental 172 Cup
Pads and discs will always make contact but not enough to stop the wheel from turning..

Extremly bad practice to change the discs without changing the pads though..