ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does The 172 Cup Have ABS??

BMW 320i
Hi,

Thinking about buying a Clio 172 Cup but as I know nothing about Renaults I thought I'd join this lovely forum ;) to find out some more information on them!

After reading a few threads on here I've got the impression that the 172 Cup version doesn't have ABS and indeed doesn't handle that well, is that right??

Thanks in advance people! :approve:

Billy

BMW 320i
So the 172 Cup has no ABS but does come with Air Con as std?
So what other safety features DOESN'T it have???

Also, did any of the Cups have leather only most I've looked at only have cloth interior?

R35 GTR
So the 172 Cup has no ABS but does come with Air Con as std?
So what other safety features DOESN'T it have???

Also, did any of the Cups have leather only most I've looked at only have cloth interior?
no abs, no spare wheel, no xenons, no air con as standard, blue dash strips, blue background for the speedo, crappy lightweight cloth seats, different alternator....I'm sure there are more.

Plus they say that the cup engines were handpicked.lol.

BMW 320i
The one I'm looking at is a 53 plate (Jan 04), any idea if the Air Con was an option then? I must admit, it didn't state Air Con on advert!?

Is the Blue Strip std on all 172 Cups only the one I'm looking at is Silver so I think would look a bit out of place on a non blue Car?

VaVa
Silver one will have matching interior trim, if that's what you mean. The date it was registered has no bearing on it's date of manufacture, so it may or may not have climate, but it was an option made available in late 2003 iirc.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
:rolleyes:

this place needs educating

abs doesnt mean you will crash, use the loud pedal less in the winter (as you should)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
It has no ABS that's why they always end up binned over winter.

^^^Jeez not again! If i've seen this comment on here once i've seen it a thousand times!
This will only end in another "ABS IS A MUST HAVE IN THE WINTER!!" rant again.

So ok its still early days but how many Cups have we seen "binned" so far this winter?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Too right!

Im sure everyone assumes that us Cup owners are completely incompetent when it comes to driving in crap weather.

I mean cos obvioulsy you drive faster, crash and burn in a Cup when it rains.
All other ABS less cars are obvioulsy immune to the same fate...Pug Gti's, Valvers, Williamses...the lot.:rolleyes:

Leon Cupra 300
Its only said as we have the best looking (and cough cough, fastest) RS and they're all jealous... ;)