ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does this mean my amp is blown?

Clio 1.2 16V Dynamique
I just got my amp back yesterday and since I missed it so much I thought ad crank the sub pretty loud (stupid, I know). The sub cut out and the amp is on protection mode, all cabling seems fine as does the fuse. Do you think the amp is totally fucked?

Cheers

Ph 1 172
not 100% sure but check all the cables are connected correctly the fuses are fine and go from there.....what amp and sub combination do you have?....ages ago one of mine went in to protected mode but wern't fucked

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
I sholdn't be fucked, maybe just overheated, let it cool down etc and check all the wires, make sure speaker wire isn't causing a short, check the wiring into your sub as well as the amp too

Clio 1.2 16v
Chances are you've blown the drivers in the sub and the amp is saving itself from any damage, ie protection mode, try connecting to another sub if that's possible.

Clio 1.2 16V Dynamique
Its now doing the exact same thing it did before I sent it away to get fixed, its now on power mode but there is no sound. Its a Juice amp and an Audiobahn subwoofer.