ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Doesn't like turning over after stalling

So the garage where the car is stored is on a hill and there's a tight turn to get out which means a 3 pointer every time
But when on full lock and no throttle then the car cuts out - been told this is cos of hydraulic PAS, can anyone clarify this?

So the car is essentially stalled even with my foot on the clutch due to full lock, I turn the key over and it has to try harder to start again and most of the time I have to blip the throttle to convince it to start & hold revs

Lemme know what you think, all help is appreciated

Car is a 2000 Renault Clio 172 Ph1

2003 Clio 172
There is a wee pressure sensor in the PAS line at the front of the engine and from what I recall, it is supposed to raise the idle/revs when it senses loading on the steering pump........perhaps it isn't working? They do leak too so maybe worth an eyeball?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Pressure sensor near the alternator on the hydraulic line. If you need a sensor I have a few working ones

All it does is increase the RPM of the engine on full lock so it doesn't stall out

There is a wee pressure sensor in the PAS line at the front of the engine and from what I recall, it is supposed to raise the idle/revs when it senses loading on the steering pump........perhaps it isn't working? They do leak too so maybe worth an eyeball?
Pressure sensor near the alternator on the hydraulic line. If you need a sensor I have a few working ones

All it does is increase the RPM of the engine on full lock so it doesn't stall out

Sounds like you've cracked it to me, will have a nosey on the weekend maybe & get back to you on that @YorkshireKyle thankyou!