ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Downgrade Complete (Shed content)

Swift Sport
Looks good ste anymore plans?

Red wheels? :eek:

Cheers dude. I'm changing the wheels to something wider as the offset on the Enkeis just doesn't look wide enough, probably going for something cheap like Pro Race 1.2's. I like the red idea though, hadn't really considered a wacky colour, good plan!

182 Trophy
I can almost guarantee the Suzuki would make you smile much more than a Saxo ever will, awesome wee cars and apparently the secrets out they still aren't getting any cheaper to buy! The running costs for the smiles they produce are fantastic.

no
just no

you ever actually been in a vts?

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
I bought a Vts on the weekend just gone - everytime I get in it I drive like I've had my brain removed. It's just that kind of car. For what it is, and the price it'd be difficult to have more fun, while going a similar speed, and still being practical (and apart from being lowered, unmodified). Doesn't stop me missing my S2000 a bit though.

Good work on the modifications, although the Ignis still looks a little high considering it's lowered. Wheels that filled the arches out more would make it look much better - or you could look at spacers?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
honestly, i have never been a fan of these but yours has changed my mind.

proper little motor that ste! what power do they put out?

looks really nice mate

lynden

Swift Sport
Cheers dude, it's just something cheap for me as the 197 was costing a fortune and had been ragged since new. I really like it tbh, I know it's not pretty or rapid but it punches well above its weight. It's a 109bhp 1.5 DOHC VVTi weighing 945kgs, sounds pretty unexciting but it goes well and corners like a 172.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I second the corners like a 172 bit. I have more fun on the road in mine because you can just stamp on the throttle mid-turn and drive hard on the way out whereas in the clio you're always having to hold back a little.

TRACK CAR BREAKING
These are suprisingly good cars. I worked on these for a while when i worked at Suzuki for 2 weeks. I got taken out in one and thought it was pretty nippy.. I personally like ignis sports!

Swift Sport
5090924919_95b05d649c_z.jpg

5090932405_6476424526_z.jpg

Swift Sport
Induction update...

5121285201_8e17256997_z.jpg

5121233985_716cedaf99_z.jpg

Big thanks to Neil for the inspiration! :)

Alot of talk on the Ignis forum of how I'm getting heatsoak and losing loads of power, but tbh I couldn't care less! It definately feels like it pulls better than it did, and sounds a million times better. :D

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
That looks good, who cares about the heatsoak. If you're happy with how it drives, and more importantly how it sounds, that's all that matters. Shame you couldn't make Haynes today...I could have done with some support LOL.

Swift Sport
That looks good, who cares about the heatsoak. If you're happy with how it drives, and more importantly how it sounds, that's all that matters. Shame you couldn't make Haynes today...I could have done with some support LOL.

I know mate, genuinely couldn't get the day off work. Got a spare set of track wheels now though so... Next time! :)

Mustang, S13, AX GT
0-60 in 8.9 :) The original CAF above the nearside headlight would work if you put some hose on the end up to the filter, thats what I did with mine. Although like you say I noticed no difference in pull with an induction kit and it pulled just aswell as my friends ignis sport. The K&Ns etc sit right at the back of the engine so probably suffer worse heat soak than that will aswell.

Swift Sport
Winter is upon us and I thought I better update...

- I've removed the rear seats, spare wheel and other gubbings to save weight.
- Added some 15" Pro Race 1.2's with some T1-R tyres.
- It's now sitting on SuzukiSport gas coilovers.

5242013573_f44ddd2993_z.jpg

5242050739_3836f8640e_z.jpg

5242041813_ce4e6f48b4_z.jpg

120d M Sport
Saw it parked up at Orbital the other week, looked smart!

Heard the coilovers are a bit different to your old KW V1's though lol

Swift Sport
Saw it parked up at Orbital the other week, looked smart!

Heard the coilovers are a bit different to your old KW V1's though lol

Yeah it's very, erm.... Stiff lol. I ran over a 20p last night and I could tell it was tails lol.

spacers on the rear, deep dish wheels and camber, yes please...

Would look good mate yeah, but it's going on track so I need it set up properly.