ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

drivers block

valver
right heres the deal selling the valver in about 2 weeks, which i shall be 20 years young , i will also get my 2 years no claims and two years driving experience, all sounds good but now my dilemma .i have no idea what to get next, obviously want something fatser than the valver, and something that you dont see every where like 106 gti saxo vts etc, so does anybody have any idea what could fit the bill bear in mind my insurance. thought about a 172 but there a touch out of the price range and a williams is an option but im worried about the reliability after owning a valver.

cars ive thought of so far

punto gt turbo
celica gt
mr2
proton satria gti
williams

A good Williams is very reliable mine was just as reliable as my new car never failed to start.
MX5?

valver
no not keen on the looks of the mx5, an rx7 on the other hand would be mint but insurance is sky high, ive never drove a williams is it noticeablly different to the valver, performance and feel of the car?

lawson706 said:
no not keen on the looks of the mx5, an rx7 on the other hand would be mint but insurance is sky high, ive never drove a williams is it noticeablly different to the valver, performance and feel of the car?
Better handling although with gae they can need new dampers etc.
Engine wise its got more low end power and a bit more top end its better though as no need to rev it to death.

M2 Competition
Id get something different to the clio!

Get a saxo/ 106 and strip it out and track sl@g it...

Lighter cars tend to be better at lower revs

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
i was 20 when i got my 172 cup and i also had 2 yrs ncb/experience the insurance was £1025 full comp inc cumuting. was about £300 cheaperfor a 106 gti! didnt try any of the others but doubt they'd be more?
what about a R5 gt turbo?

valver
a 5 gt would be nice but i want something i can rely on, i just find jap cars are a bit lacking in character like the feeling that it does its job and not a lot more (with exception of scooby's, evo's etc) would like jap reliability in a french car would be ideal, keep the ideas coming though guys.

valver
i cant find any information on the starlet checked parkets and its not there you know of any figures of the car or where else i could get them from??

valver
seems to be a bit of a mystery car, got a quote for £1200 tpft a bit steep, not too sure on the car after all any other ideas?

RB 200 Cup!
get a MR2 - fookin brillaint cars - pick em up on L reg now for about 2500 - very quick as well

valver
pulsar would be nice but again insurance would laugh at me, would love a 172 but the finances wont stretch to 172 price range

Mercedes SLK350
I know where a 2 litre Celica (94/95 model) is going to be for sale very soon.

70 year old lady owner, wants something a bit more sporty.

P.m. me if you want details.