ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driveshaft/abs ring issue - trackday tomorrow!

E46 M3
Fitted a new driveshaft tonight but the ABS ring was different, thinner so the sensor can only "see" half of the ring (everything else is fine). This thows up the ABS light and disables the ABS. I've heard that this will adjust the bias to 50:50 but it doesnt appear that way, the fronts lock way before the rears.

Im at oulton tomorrow (I know I should have sorted it earlier :eek:) so if the rears start locking it could be a bit of an issue.

I can replace the old driveshaft which sounds horrible and will grenade itself at some point or run without ABS. Im a bit unsure what to do.

Any advice from the CS masses?

BMW M135i
If its tripped the ABS into limp mode then the EBD will be disabled so the brake split will not be what it normally is. What it actually reverts too is a good question, probably is close to 50/50 the way its all piped up.

E46 M3
I did think about swapping the abs rings but I dont want to mess with the new shaft incase they will take it back.

Ive been out again and cant get the rears to lock before the fronts at all. I did a lot of stops, when I got back you could feel the heat from the fronts from 6" away, I could touch the rear disks....

I think im going to run it as it is. The first time the rears lock i'll swap back to the old driveshaft (if its not put me backwards into a wall :evil:) and run that and hope it lasts the day.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
it wont make any difference to how its split its all mechanical controlled just means the abs will not work. remove the abs fuse just in case it dose pick up the signal.

E46 M3
You really are a legend Fred but alas it is time for bed, im up in 5 hours! I'll come over at some point soon though, need your advice on a few things.

Lionel Richie
well if you need to pop in at any weird times feel free to call me, i've got ABS rings on the shelf, if birmingham is en-route to the track i can sort it no bother