ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driving Tales

Im acutely aware of the reason for the tales current suspension. Im also aware that many people have had the opportunity to argue their case, in a fair and dignified manner, in view of the recent tragic circumstances, whether to halt or continue Cliosports Driving Tales forum.

What troubles me is that little or no feedback has been received by the CS forum regarding this decision.

Could we possibly have some feedback with regards to how this topic is being received by CS members.

I strongly feel that the Driving Tales forum is inherently resposible. I have on many occasions read members recommending that serious tests of their car should be saved for the track. Likewise, Ive read many times that members have actually backed off in a race approaching silly speeds, avoiding obvious danger and slowing down - no easy feat in the heat of the moment. Such action takes maturity, and it is this maturity that says that Driving Tales must carry on. Its consistently the most popular thread, and as long as it is run responsibly, then can it please be restored?

Thank-you

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

I was thinking this the otherday. Didnt want to ask just incase Id missed something and that it was infact getting deleted. I too am for the forum, but think that it should be more strongly "policed" by the mods. ie- all stupid threads should be deleted. However on the downside, all arguments seem to spawn from DT, as everyone has a faster car than everyone else, and sometimes people think that theyve won a race against a ferrari, not knowing that the other driver was just driving along minding his or hers own business!

I think this could be a good thread for discussion...

Street Triple R

to be honest, i havent really missed driving tales that much, certainly not as much as i thought i would anyway

Quote: Originally posted by jongsr4 on 14 September 2004

to be honest, i havent really missed driving tales that much, certainly not as much as i thought i would anyway
T R U E

I agree - firm policing by mods is good. But this attitude of (and were all guilty of it) that our car is faster than any other (specially if its a cup:D) only adds to the flavour - it neednt get out of hand and hostile.

If its possible, any tales detailing events that are obviously dangerous, foolish or reckless could be deleted - what does everybody else think?

Quote: Originally posted by chrisbooth5 on 14 September 2004

I agree - firm policing by mods is good. But this attitude of (and were all guilty of it) that our car is faster than any other (specially if its a cup:D) only adds to the flavour - it neednt get out of hand and hostile.

If its possible, any tales detailing events that are obviously dangerous, foolish or reckless could be deleted - what does everybody else think?
I agree! Although, my car is faster than yours :D hehe

:D

hehe!!

Gotta 172, never go over 4500rpm - how sad is that?

Its got to be the least-stressed engine on the planet!

At least I know the powers there if I need it

Street Triple R

well be scared to post in case they are deleted though lol

i think the vast majority of the driving tales were about races.... this vs that, whatever, surely that would come under, dangerous, foolish or reckless (and thus be deleted?) as we all know we shouldnt really be racing on the road

and anyway.....my car is the fastest there is! ;):D

Octavia VRS

Chris wanna swap ur 172 for my 1.4?!!

Me, like a lot of people here have been involved in stupid races that could easily have killed me or other innocent people. I agree that the silly folk that brag about this kind of thing on here should be policed more heavily if the driving tales forum comes back

Adamf - *NOOOOOOOO*! dont just delete it! modify it!

Driving Tales was probably what 90% of visitors looked at before anything else. Some moderation would help, though, to be honest some of the daft banter in tales provided the charm. Regulate it too much, and the joy is lost.

OK guys.... please... please... please... will you all please listen when I say that we will get back to you about this situation....

Just be patient... Ive had a weekend away and have gotta cram alot in this week before going on the Spa trip to do the photography (and maybe a little bit of drinking)

Ill be re-collating the results and we will feedback as soon as we can.

But please in the meantime can we stop all of these "driving tales" threads popping up (and if you havent had your say yet, then email mailto:forum@cliosport.net">forum@cliosport.net with "driving tales" as your subject and tell me how you would like it to be)

Think its the average age on here, trackdays arent that popular on Cliosport so people use the street to show off their over confidence, its only once you get on track your flaws are shown.. I think if everyone did do a trackday time to time they would realise road driving is so limiting, boring and unsafe, and then everyone would want to see driving tales scrapped!

-Rob

agreed and Ive only been on track for a total of 20 minutes on 2 occasions!

pluss on the track most people are going to be pushing and you can see the true limits, ive never been any where near my limits on the roads, thought id been then i went on a track!

I used to think i was Yuan Muller, then i started track days, how wrong was i.

Getting better now though, took the VTS on loads of track days.

Yeah but the way it is going you cant even talk about any kind of fun driving.

Fun driving does NOT mean speeding past schools or overtaking on blind corners or running down grannies. If me and a mate go off into the Midlands back roads early on a Sunday morning we can have fun with some quick driving and compare our cars abilities WITHOUT being reckless.

Why cant we have a driving tales forum that has threads like Try the B1234 when its quiet for a good driving road.???

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 14 September 2004

Maybe we should something like "Dogging Tales" or something similar...
ill just give stan collimore a quick ring...lol

please bring back the drving tales..its enjoyable banter..

ian

don't

As rob says, down to the average age of the site

Im 20 and cant afford 2 go on a track day really at moment, the time 4 travelling and then nwe set of tyres etc etc, all adds up

id love to do one though as id love 2 able 2 push that bit harder and learn how to control the car that bit extra

Quote: Originally posted by ian 172 on 14 September 2004

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 14 September 2004

Maybe we should something like "Dogging Tales" or something similar...
ill just give stan collimore a quick ring...lol

please bring back the drving tales..its enjoyable banter..

ian

It gets aggressive, pathetic and embarrasing to be associated with such drivel.

Clio v6

Quote: please in the meantime can we stop all of these "driving tales" threads popping up (and if you havent had your say yet, then email forum@cliosport.net with "driving tales" as your subject and tell me how you would like it to be)

^^^

Just look in the back of Evo or Autocar or look on each race tracks website. If you all get together and do a group buy you could probally get a good discount.

SaxoSportsClub are allways going on track days.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Yugguy on 14 September 2004

Yeah but the way it is going you cant even talk about any kind of fun driving.

Fun driving does NOT mean speeding past schools or overtaking on blind corners or running down grannies. If me and a mate go off into the Midlands back roads early on a Sunday morning we can have fun with some quick driving and compare our cars abilities WITHOUT being reckless.

Why cant we have a driving tales forum that has threads like Try the B1234 when its quiet for a good driving road.???
Agreed, there is a difference between going for a blast down some country roads and pulling 140 undertaking some one on a duel carriageway...bring back driving tales but make it members only to stop other people coming on here just to stir it up...causing arguements.

Clio v6

Quote: please in the meantime can we stop all of these "driving tales" threads popping up (and if you havent had your say yet, then email forum@cliosport.net with "driving tales" as your subject and tell me how you would like it to be)