ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DS2500 Pads

182 Trophy
Hi Guys

Just tryed to fit some DS2500 pads and brembo discs to my 182 clio and have had some problems.

1. The pads will NOT fit in. They seem like they have an extra 1mm in length over the old renault ferrodo pads.

2. i was trying to push one in and half the pad has cracked and fallen away so im going to try and get them sent back.

Gutted, just spent best part of 1 and a half hours twatting about with my brakes and have had to put the old discs and pads on :(

Arghhhh any tips guys ?

Mondeo TDCI 130
Shims alone has always been fine for me.

I had a right ballache fitting a set in a 182 once, couldnt get the caliper to shut, they seemed to big!!! Took us ages, in the end the owner told me to machine them with the grinder!:cool: Fixed! (only talking a couple of mm!)

182 Trophy
Quite crap really, you would expect them to fit in. Nothing in the box to tell you that you need to remove the shims or anything. Ive been waiting near on 3 weeks for my pads and discs to turn up and now im going to have to wait ages to get a replacment.

Sooo frustrating but ive learnt something from you guys today haha !!!

182 Trophy
Fitted them today , bedded them in this evening and just wanted to ask you guys a question.

How long does it take for them to get to there "prime" at the moment there perhaps not as good as my old brembo discs with standard pads !!!

Thanks

Burgandy 174 sport t
yep had the same problem.

Have you put lines on aswell? I would. Best brakes I have ever had on any car!

182 Trophy
Iain i have 5.1 fluid and braided brake lines allready ! How long untill you felt the discs and pads really working ? :)

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
you need to find a nice long quiet road and run them in properly. Its no good just driving around normally waiting for them to bed in.

182 Trophy
you need to find a nice long quiet road and run them in properly. Its no good just driving around normally waiting for them to bed in.

Lol i didnt mate it did the bedding in thing for 10 minutes and then took her for a good drive. Must have done about 25 miles of decent driving with some good braking ......

Guessing it takes longer than that tho to get to there best

Burgandy 174 sport t
well I done a track day about a week after fitting an they were superb!! no fade at all the whole day!