ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dub Updated Pics

Had my little run around for about 1 month now, so far ive had to get a brake cylinder and the middle centre exhaust sorted. Its not supposed to get money spent on it however as with most cars that ive owned i just cant help it.

Bought it looking like this, standard apart from the alloys.

01010007.gif

The non colourcoded bumpers where annoying me so i managed to get a deal on some bits, got front and rear bumpers, GTI rear lights, Smoked side repeaters and Clear indicators. Fitted it all this morning and then gave her a quick clean and wax with Megs Gold Class stuff. THen went to take some pics ;)

01010001.gif

01010003.gif

01010006.gif

01010008.gif

01010011.gif

01010015.gif

01010019.gif

Loving it now, i have got a GTI rear spoiler to go on once its painted to match the grey plastic, also got a Central Locking kit which needs fitting at some point. I would love to go further and slam it as i have spotted some rarther tasty Steffan BCW alloys. Not sure if 14" rims would be too small but 9" wide would surely make up :lol:

CHeers, however i wanted something as a run around ideally. MK3 is a nice cheap refinded car, mk1 and mk2 although quicker would be more expensive and more to insure.

Thanks for the input tho

Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
Heres my 'DUB' Its a 16v.

Christ i signed up to this forum ages ago when i had 182 cup and this is my first post.

l_aa0a02ef497f9dc577434e2703ce3b4e.png

Cheers guys, Winston

I want some ideas on what rims would look nice. Been looking for some rims in need of a refurb as a little project.. Not got much to spend

Turbos.
Certainly improves things a lot... but i'd probably think twice about wasting a load of money on what was supposed to be a runaround..?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Its lowered on 40mm spax adjustables,TT brakes and some genuine VW tints,crystal clear fogs and mk4 lights.The wheels are 17" BBS

DSC00952.jpg

should have bought a Mk1 or mk2...Mk3 was crap!
I had a mk3 GTi 8v before the 172, it was crap - never did like it, just bought it to tide me over for the year until I could afford something better.

However, I do think the mk3 is a bloody good looking car and well built as far as mine was concerned, and that red looks awesome on them. Looks a lot better with the GTi bumpers! Need to get some back to black on the plastic, I was forever having to do that with mine as they were quite grey and weathered. Pissed me off, but worth it for the results.

M2 Competition
Lol, that lime green thing is terrible, and the alloys dont suit it one bit! Look like cheap motorfactors jobbies.