ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dumb question (opening bonnet)

This may sound really stupid, but I just got my Clio Extreme 3 recently and they didnt have an owners handbook, still dont have it which is why I am asking this probablt dumb sounding question.. but how do I open the bonnet? I pulled the lever over on the passenger side, and the bonnet popped up, but how to I open it from there? If I put my hand in I can feel a kinda upside down T shape thing, which I presume I need to do something with... :oops:

H22A7 Accord Type R

yea pull it towards ya!! the day i picked up my brand new clio i got home, and thought bonnet was broken LOL!!

Excellent guys, think I pushed it up, pushed it in and pushed it down... Just forgot to pull it out! Thanks guys!

Yeah you too, you got any complaints? How long you had yours? Made any mods?

Lots of questions, just curious, sorry :p

190 BHP Willy 2

Are you for real??? You must be some real numpty not being able to open a bonnet.

If you need a hand getting the petrol cap off in a couple of days, give me a shout.

PMSL

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by big hp on 20 January 2005

Are you for real??? You must be some real numpty not being able to open a bonnet.

If you need a hand getting the petrol cap off in a couple of days, give me a shout.

PMSL
sometimes they (the bonnet catch) can be stiff...like mine was

lets bow to your superior knowledge! :p

[Edited by POW_Clio on 20 January 2005 at 2:56pm]

Look mate, so what? I couldnt open the bonnet... I thought it was like a lever, I didnt know I had to pull it, if it was anything like my last car I would have been able to push it down and pull the bonnet up.

Quote: Originally posted by dangermouse_se on 20 January 2005

Oh eck, with the silly question police in here it might be better if no one asks any more questions.

:cry:
Good point. If folk start taking piss for asking (any) questions this place will be get very empty very quickly. JAY172, get your arse back here!

Octavia VRS

my bonnet release did catch when i first got it - i was sticking up for SCDave - the point i was making was that this place should be for questions both technical and not so technical

True but TBH if someones gone to the effort of joining a club of car enthusiats then id have thought the ability to open a bonnet would have been mastered by that point...no offence...

Quote: Originally posted by SCDave on 20 January 2005

Yeah you too, you got any complaints? How long you had yours? Made any mods?

Lots of questions, just curious, sorry :p
Had mine since september. Only thing that my car doesnt like is high speeds, dash board starts complainin about the emissions and stuff after a while. Apart from the running water in the roof after its been raining and the door panels coming off the doors, everything else is pretty good. Oh yeah.. doors lock itself sometimes too and I wouldve been locked out the car once if it wasnt for the spare key.

Only mods Ive done is led lighting on interior and exterior. Everytime I want to lower it or get better alloys, something else comes up that I need to spend my money on

Quote: Originally posted by big hp on 20 January 2005

PMSL

HAHAHAHA bit harsh dude, funny as hell thou:p