ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DVD burning Help

Just spent ages putting together a DVD, menu's the works. (Sony DVD Architect 2.0)

Click to burn and it then spends an hour Rendering then when it goes to prepare get the images below. Doing my head in, can't work out, could it be a physically busted DVD recorder, really can't bo bothered to send my Pc back to Acer for the 6th time :S

Last edited:
Have updated to Verion 2.0b and still have:

'SFMMCX'-(17)
'atapi'-(1)
-'HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082B A201'-(1)
Module sfmmcx.cpp Line 418
The drive is not ready.
The drive is not ready for an unknown reason.

Command: 00 00 00 00 00 00
Sense: 02 04 00

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Is it dvd from ur camcorder or a collection of photos ?? I've never heard of sony dvd architect , but do you have the option to save the project and burn it with a different program , somethin' simple like nero maybe !

You could always try taking the dvd writer apart and clean the lens with a cotton bud dipped in a bit of methylated spirit . Commercial dvd lens cleaners are crap at removing dirt off the lens , especially if your a smoker , nicotine soon coats the lens and stops it working .

MrBillyUK !

Its a collection of home made vids, track stuff btw lol, wma pmeg, its a good enough programme to handle the formatts

Will only let me save as a .dar file

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Sounds like ur a bit fcuked . Wouldn't it have been easier just to use windows moviemaker . I've used it to transfer from my camcorder , piece of p*ss . Sorry , can't seem to find any more info on dar. files other than that they are used for backing up data . Sounds like you might have to start again .

Like woodentop says " what media are ya using " False economy using cheap dvd's . I only ever use disks with the ritek Go5 dye .

Have you got a m8 with a dvd writer ? If so put his writer in your pc to eliminate your writer being at fault .

MrBillyUK !

I used Windows Movie Maker to create most the videos just need the software that can cope with the formatts and create nice pretty menu's.. all I can say and do now is...
crying.gif
and wait a few months till I find the energy to try again on another PC..

Polo + Micra
TMPGEnc DVD Author

can handle nearly all formats of vid/pic/audio and is faily easy to use

Polo + Micra
are you using dvd RAM discs? and the drive can write them can't it?

i normally use tmpgenc to convert most vids to mpeg 2 and make the menu and s**t with dvd author

Lost all the packeging, they are TDK DVD-R, 1-16x 4.7GB Data/Video disks..

tmpgenc doesn't even like the videos in the right formatt due to their resolutions

Right i've found the rendered files and now created an ISO image with the TMP software cheers!, although its just a trial and won't burn, now hunting/downloading software to burn the ISO lol...

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You can burn the iso with nero m8 !
If you use the wizard , just close it , then click on recorder along the top inbetween " view " and " extras " then click " burn image " , choose the folder your image file is in and off ya go .

MrBillyUK !

ok time has gone on, I've since tweeked the DVD and created a new ISO now is won't f*cking burn. Nothing seems to be working, not sure what I can do to check to see if the drive is working, I burned a CD the other nite, its very weird! grrr!

As it goes I load up Nero Burning ROM, open up the ISO and click burn, it then wants me to save an image file somewhere, so don't think its actually burning to disc! I can't seem to find anything on there and other free programmes i've tried just seem to be crashing lol, i hate pc's

At worst I'm just gonna stick the ISO on my external HDD and brun it on my dads!

nothing, blown up!
the first pic says that whatever ur burning the software too is too small, in space wise. the later i dunno. just turn it off and try a different thing using a disc like copying a music cd. if that doesnt work its ur dvd drive.

Clio 172 Ph2
The first pic actually says your drive is reporting the following error:

'Logical Unit Not Ready, Cause Not Reportable'

That's what it means by 'Sense 02 04 00'

Your drive is unable to initialise the discs you're using. Get some other decent ones that it DOES support.