ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dynax ub

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I'm in the middle of an underside restoration (car is still on the axle stands after all the wind!) Where I've had to get back to bare metal I've coated with 2x hydrate 80, 2x electrox and was going to finish this off with Dynax UB. Will this be sufficiently robust or should I be putting a stone chip type product on?
20200208_114055.jpg

Attachments

• 20200208_130757.jpg
    20200208_130757.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 103

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I see no one replied to this, but finding a couple of small starting rust patches underneath and planning on tackling those this summer.

What did you decide to use as a final product in the end?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I see no one replied to this, but finding a couple of small starting rust patches underneath and planning on tackling those this summer.

What did you decide to use as a final product in the end?
Not really got around to it yet, Coronavirus and an open fracture to my little finger have got in the way of spending money and working with two hands!

I think I'll wire brush as much as I can then coat in hydrate 80 before an epoxy mastic type underseal like the one BH sell. Doesnt need to be pretty really

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
How thick do you think stone chip paint is then?

UB dries to a rubbery finish intentionally to absorb stone impacts.
I scrapped some off in me offside rear arch when doing the fuel flap that was consistently a good 2-3mm. I do like UB but only used the spray form which begins to run quite quickly so to get a thick coat I was finding difficult.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I scrapped some off in me offside rear arch when doing the fuel flap that was consistently a good 2-3mm. I do like UB but only used the spray form which begins to run quite quickly so to get a thick coat I was finding difficult.

Give it a 3 thin coats and that will be all you need.

It is designed to be fairly thin (80microns) so equivalent to thin paint on car panels. But the rubbery finish will absorb rather than chip like paint.