ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E46 M3 - Project/Ownership Thread.

Leon Cupra 300
That 4cyl grill looks mint. Wouldn't have thought of that...

The Depos though... ewwwww not for me. Cheapens it.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Got given some Angel Eyes last night....are they chav?!

Found a bit of bubbling rust on the rear arch last night too that I missed like an idiot :(
Will get it booked in to my bodyshop next week hopefully and get rid of it while it's only a small blemish. Not sure whether to go all out and get the rear bumper and front bumper done at the same time as both could do with a refresh, or to save that until next year. Will see what the quote is I guess.

Clio finally got collected last night so that money will hopefully do the bodywork and the rear tyres, and then I'm getting there with the major parts.

Next up will be sorting the sat nav and TV out. Will get a digital input and maybe a reversing cam, upgraded sat nav unit with postcode search etc and a nice parrot bluetooth kit installed. Then should be time for Insp.2 after that.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Really?! I had a look but couldn't find it? Will try again!

e91 330d/type r mini
agreed on the angel eyes being chavy, mine came with them on but i really dont seem to find time or effort to be bothered to remove them,it will be one of the first jobs once i get done once i have finished doing my mini :)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Got a bargain set of 18" wheels and brand new Contisport M3's for £246 today, good old ebay :) So tyres are sorted a bit cheaper than planned!
Bought a nice ///M seat cover too.
Struggling to find anywhere to sort my leather problem out though which is annoying.

It goes into the bodyshop a week on monday for the arch bubbling, front and rear bumpers to be sorted and sprayed, plus anything else I find along the way.

Todays mods were turning it into a van, plus a bit of Renault coming out in me ;)

IMG_2279.gif

IMG_2278.gif

IMG_2280.gif

IMG_2282.gif

IMG_2284.gif

IMG_2286.gif

Since the car will still be used for nipping stuff about for work I thought I'd kit out the back a bit to prevent any unwanted damage. CNC'd myself the floor pieces from some 6mm MDF, need to think up some ideas for the sides etc, will see what I can come up with this week.

BMW F21 125d
PM me if you need me to copy my satnav discs firmware and maps and post them to you. I'll do it for a drink. I got mine off ccfj1 on cutters so they are the correct ones. 7 digit postcode, camera detector etc.

(Won't be able to do it until after Tuesday as I'm off to the Nurburgring :) )

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Fitted my black grills today, personally I love them :)

IMG_2294.gif

Also took the plate plinth off and it looks a million times better, so that will be going when the front end is resprayed, and I'll go to my 3/4 front plate, makes it look a lot cleaner.

Just picked up my other set of 18's, so will get the tyres off and into the garage tomorrow for when I need them, and then get round to selling the 18's on again to recoup some of the money.
Think I'll curb the spending a bit, gone a bit mad and I've only had it 5 minutes!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
IIRC these ride/handle alot better on the 18's than the optional 19's/CSL's?

Ride - Yes, also less tramlining. ]
Handle - Debateable. I'd say no. At speed the CSL's/19's are far more stable.

Overall the 18's look pikey!

Not a fan of the black grill!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
What's the plate plinth?

I've just ordered some LED rears for my 330. Hopefully i wont have any error codes.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
The block of plastic that screws to the bumper, then the plate is screwed to that. Loads cleaner front end without it.

Good call on the LED's, I'm going to get some 'lookalikes' that still retain the normal bulbs. I think they look just as good but a lot less hassle!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The block of plastic that screws to the bumper, then the plate is screwed to that. Loads cleaner front end without it.

Good call on the LED's, I'm going to get some 'lookalikes' that still retain the normal bulbs. I think they look just as good but a lot less hassle!

So do you just secure the plate direct to the bumper?

Also, i've never seen LED lookalikes. Where have you seen them? Making me have second thoughts now..haha

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I'm going to Velcro my 3/4 plate straight to the bumper I think.

On eBay mate, pm me and I'll send you a link later (can't do it easily on my phone) theyre £120 a set I think.

Turbos.
Fitted my black grills today, personally I love them :)

IMG_2294.gif

Also took the plate plinth off and it looks a million times better, so that will be going when the front end is resprayed, and I'll go to my 3/4 front plate, makes it look a lot cleaner.

Just picked up my other set of 18's, so will get the tyres off and into the garage tomorrow for when I need them, and then get round to selling the 18's on again to recoup some of the money.
Think I'll curb the spending a bit, gone a bit mad and I've only had it 5 minutes!

As predicted, looks s**t. Worried that you think it looks great; what clothes do you wear?!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Walking up the the car today I'm inclined to agree to be honest.

What do we think to colour coding the outsides of the grills and keeping the slats black? Might soften it a bit?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Will get it done when I drop it into the bodyshop a week on Monday I reckon.

They look a bit too 'big' being all in black.

BG 182
im in agreement, the black doesnt suit it atall. ive had 2 silver e46's and have left them chrome, although i hated it i could never find anything that i thought i really liked

e46.jpg

e91 330d/type r mini
please please please dont buy those fake LED rear lights they are shocking and even worse in the flesh,if you cant stretch tour budget to real ones then keep the original lights in place.
i have to agree on the grills and smoked lights on the front,they dont suit the silver and take the class away from the car :(
my car has the plinth removed and definately looks better than with it, will get a 3/4 plate when i get round to it

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Black grills are sold I think, so will be on the hunt for the 4cyl. grill that badger posted about I think.
We're all allowed mistakes, right?!

Never above 25mpg
Black grills are sold I think, so will be on the hunt for the 4cyl. grill that badger posted about I think.
We're all allowed mistakes, right?!

Definitely, I got rid of my depos early on! I've just ordered some shadow chrome grilles so will see how they look!