ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eaaaaaasy cheap mods 182

Z4x2 & buying a 182
So I know I need to get wheels and tyres and I'm going to get a seat and steering wheel etc.

And YES I know I mainly just need to spend time on track and get tuition etc.

But we are in bloody lockdown and I'm bored so thinking of any cheap and easy (I'm crap with a spanner and dont have many) ..

So I'm looking at cheap mods I can buy and fit, or just car related stuff.

So far I have bought my first helmet, I've bought some brake ducts to go through the foglight housings, and, probably most excitingly, some time Renault F1 Stickers .

Any thoughts for any more? I want to buy strut braces because they are easy to fit and very visible BUT everything I have read says they are pretty pointless.

On another thread everyone said get a whiteline rear ARB but not sure how easy this is to fit without many tools?

Any ideas or inspiration?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Remove the scuttle panel and clean out all the leaves and s**t that will eventually cause a water leak in your car.
Remove arch liners and clean out all the s**t/dirt/leaves behind them. Same for the side skirts. You’ll probably lose 3kg’s in weight just from that! 😂

order some LED’s for the interior and the reverse lights. Makes night time car use much more pleasurable and costs pence.

order some new number plates and some velcro coins. This makes plate removal just before going on track a piece of cake.

if you’re super bored, remove all of your seats and wet vac them and the carpets and leave them to dry in the sunshine.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Fabia splitter
Paint grilles matte black
Machine polish
Polished headlights
Silver indicator bulbs
LED reg plate light
Tyre shine
Razor blade the glass and give it a hand polish
Autosol exhaust tips

Loads of small things make a car look 10x better

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Polybush dogbone mount.
Then just give the steering and suspension a good overhall. New ARB and steering rack bushes, track rod ends etc. All fairly cheap and easy to do.

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Ps. Whiteline rear arb is supposed to be good. I've got a second hand one in the shed that i'm debating cleaning up and fitting.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Take out all of the interior, remove all the sound deadening.. save roughly 8kg.. thoroughly clean all the carpets and seats then refit..

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Yep suspension refresh although can get expensive if you cant decide where to stop.

But one thing I'd do is whip out the rear quarter interior to check for sill rust. Checked mine again today, still none on the near side and minimal on the offside.

Clio 182 cup
Yep suspension refresh although can get expensive if you cant decide where to stop.

But one thing I'd do is whip out the rear quarter interior to check for sill rust. Checked mine again today, still none on the near side and minimal on the offside.
Why do they rust?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Why do they rust?
Ph1 and now ph2 are beginning to rust there probably due to blocked drains, I cleaned mine out and flushed with warm soapy water before a rub down of any rust then BH hydrate 80. I'll follow that up with some electrox primer then a good coat of BH s50