ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

earth problem?

Black gold 182
i seem to have flshing lights on my dash when i indicate or brake hard, i also have an intemittant horn, problem being it's an mot fail, i took my earth off and cleaned it all but noticed it was sparking when hitting metal, another thing is that right at the top of the wire where it meets the battery there is a lot of wire exposed almost like it has been ripped, could this be causing the problems?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I would suggest the issue of the dash lights coming on when braking could be related to the earth in the rear light clusters.

Take the connection block off each side cluster, clean up the contacts and gently bend the pins to create a solid connection.

Black gold 182
but would the horn have anyhing to do with the rear clusters? :/ will have a look at both tomorrow

but would the horn have anyhing to do with the rear clusters? :/ will have a look at both tomorrow

Check your squib behind the steering wheel, sometimes the wires on the squib that connect to the horn on the steering wheel break. I had to replace mine

Black gold 182
will check all of the above, gunna have a look at the horn as well just to make sure there is no loose or faulty connections it not hard to get at all i need to do is take the wheel off will have a thorough rummage tomorrow cheers guys!

Black gold 182
afteer investiating on the weekend the fuse is fine the front earth is cleaned and fine, the back left hand side brake earth's are fine.... the right hand side has a nice sheared bolt held in by electrical tape....... it's obviously rocked loose an not making a decent enough connection now is there anything i can do to get this bolt out?!