ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Easy to change the CAT on a dCi?

'06 MK3 Clio 1.4L
Hey all,

I have a 2004 MK2 PH2 clio dCi 80, with a tdi-tuning box and a longlife cat-back stainless system, will also have a K&N 57i induction kit fitted sometime this week as its been ordered, so far its at around 105bhp (not yet dyno'd!)...

I been looking into getting a decat for my car for a while, went to places such as longlife and prospeed who wanted something along the lines of £200 for the decat on the dCi because of the odd shape of the cat, so fabricating a pipe to fit would be tricky...

Instead i managed to buy a bashed out CAT for my dCi at a cheap price from another dCi member, so its just a case of swapping the cats over...

Anyway what i want to know is, how easy is it to replace the cat on the dCi as the cat is on the downpipe...

Is it simple to access to cat on the dCi to unbolt the old and bolt on the new? enough space etc without removing any other parts?

All help appreciated :)

'06 MK3 Clio 1.4L
Anyone know guys? as im gonna give it a go tomorrow once the bashed-out cat arrives, would just like to know what im in for :)

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
take engine cover of
remove the steel hardpipe that goes from egr to head
unbolt the 4 bolts that hold the car to the turbo. then there should be a bolt or 2 either side of the cat holding it to some mounts remove these .
then you need to ....
drain gearbox oil
jack driverside up / or both
remove wheel
remove driverside driveshaft
unbolt cat from rear section of exhaust.
then pull the cat out , i would try doing it without removing driveshaft first but this is how its supposed to be done .

then refit etc . i have a decat on my dci makes them sound nice if it has a decent backbox on that isnt to big/loud . and you can hear the turbo spool up nicely when revving etc .