ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

eBay Fees again??? help

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Ok, slowly gettin to the source of these charges.

She's listed the car twice and both times it didn't sell, have looked down the list and shes been charged £97.88 each time for a Reserve Price Listing Fee??!!
surely it can't be that much! or can it?

the reserve price on the car was £5000.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  VW Golf TDI
That happened to me 47 pound fes for a car I dint sell, I just contacted ebay and said the buyer let me down, so they let me off with the fees.

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
ok, well the car didn't actually sell.
So if a reserve price is £5000 on a car you have to pay £100 whether it sells or not??

also i can't find this charge anywhere on the charges page??

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Also this can't be right, as she also listed a motor bike with a reserve fee of £2000 and the Reserve fee was only £2.55?!

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  RS Clio 200
yeh you have to pay that sell or no sell unfortunately... hence why reserve prices are killers.

When you list an item there hsould be a link next to the reserve price box to explain it all

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
by that much though? the difference in reserve fee was (just been corrected) £1800 and £4900. and the fee goes from £2.55 up to £97!!?? really?

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Just found the bit that explains it guys... thanks for all the help.
Seems shes been guzumped!
Although the motorbike had a reserve of £1800 and she only got charged a few quid so i think she got off lightly?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Der Panzer
I have 2 listing fees I have to dispute, does anyone have a contact mail address or similar?

Trader Rating - 100%
74   0   0
  Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Tip:

Don't put a Reserve Price....saves money.

Instead...put in your listing 'item is for sale elsewhere, so I reserve the right to withdraw the item from sale'. I have had bids removed by sellers who had done this and Ebay say it ligit. So I assume it's all above board.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Clio 182
You've listed it as a normal eBay item and not under eBay Motors as you should have done, thats why they've charged u stupid money.

The fee for listing a car is like £8 and then a max. of a £30 fee if it sells.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/motorfees.html

Contact them and tell them your a dumb arse and didn't know what you were doing and they'll probably let you off.

Last edited: