ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU Cover

Ok whats the crack with getting it off.

Car is a DCI mk2 and I have tried everything, including the engine crane.

Angle grinder?

BMW M135i
Man up, it will pull off just don't smash it into the bonnet when it does. Get it started on one side and get a non valable prising screwdriver in. Once they been off once they are far easier to remove again.

Man up, it will pull off just don't smash it into the bonnet when it does. Get it started on one side and get a non valable prising screwdriver in. Once they been off once they are far easier to remove again.

right ok, well I was lifting the car off the ground. Next thing you know the metal work it is attached to becomes warped.

Back out to fight it again today.

Took a serious bit of leverage but it gave up once we got the crowbar out...

Anyway a completely bonkers idea just like the floating crank sprocket.

Cheers for your help all the same.

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
Hi. I know it's an old topic but I have the same problem, the cover from a dCi won't come off.
I also have tried the hard way, with a hammer, crowbar,and other tools but nothing.
Maybe I am doing it the wrong way. Is the cover ment to slide to the right and then lift or just press the things on the back of the cover and then lift ?

Also, I am considering using a Dremel or an angle grinder to cut it if nothing works. Is that a good idea ?

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
Thank you all but with the help of a Dremel, I have removed the top cover.

Attachments

• 2017-06-28 19.23.52.jpg
    2017-06-28 19.23.52.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 62