ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ecu Unlocking

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
CBO5 = Clio II 1.2i 16V 2001-2005, why would it think it was one of them?

Henk asked me for my Vin for the Actualy car, even tho i had mentioned i did a conversion over email(when i purchased the licence) and he said no it wont do, then refunded me, the vin of were the engine came out of is VFICBIN . so i flogged it on here,

You should have just given Henk the VIN of the car the engine is from when he asked either way, even if he did ask for the 1.2's one. Most likely should have worked.......I just gave him the VIN of the 172 lump, worked fine on mine, dont even know what my Mk1 VIN starts with

172 & LCR
Well mate your wiring looks right all I noticed on your pic is the Black between the green & orange is sitting low as though its not plugged in fully.
Couple of other things to check TDC sensor on top of gearbox although that wouldn't stop it turning over.
These things hate poor batteries make sure yours is good.
I'd go back to steves full ecu uch & key aslike I said should just plug n play.
Try putting starter direct to battery to turn over incase you have a dodgy starter just a wire from the small terminal on the starter to the battery it should crank get a m8 to help then try this with ignition on see if it fires up.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Hey trev thanks for checking,

regardin the fuse il check that this afternoon, and also the tdc sensor is a new one but im not 100% sure that they are in the correct order as renault have changed the colour of the wires, but il check that aswell,

il update more this afternoon as im off....

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Had a quick look before it started raining and the black fuse looked like it was in but infact underneath the fuse had come out alot, so i shoved them back in and fuse sits fine now,

Regardin the TDC sensor this is how mine look,
i have a feeling that your goin to say that the wires are on the wrong order

b81f48cb.jpg

Had a quick look before it started raining and the black fuse looked like it was in but infact underneath the fuse had come out alot, so i shoved them back in and fuse sits fine now,

Regardin the TDC sensor this is how mine look,
i have a feeling that your goin to say that the wires are on the wrong order

How is that connected? Looks like the looms been butchered at some point, there should just be a couple of wires running to a plug that goes directly into the TDC.

Gotta be worth switching them over just to check

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
It has the new style TDC sensor fitted, with the new one its blue but also had a different plug so you have to wire it to the old loom hence the butchered look, its been connectd together properly but i added that red tubing which crips to both sides so water wont kinda go into it lol,

Il try and switch them over, just cant at the moment because of great british weather ffs,

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Finaly squeezed 2 1/2 hours on the car today, got the starter turning again as i have removed the emulator and swapped the batterys over.

Turned the key and every light went off Except airbag/abs then heard fuel pump prime fully turned the key and it turned over. When it turns over it does it for long not just short periods and stop

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
What a day, massive hangover from last nights christmas party and today the weather was nice so took advantage of it to sort the car and the result......

It started up :D well chuffed, but as i turn the key the revs go up up up , i turned it off after 4k because i didnt want to ruin the engine in

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Sounds like an air/vacuum leak

Ye thats what a mate said, i dont have a filter on so that may be the problem,, but all in all its about time it fired up tbh,

I just want to thank you f0xy,willy, Trev_m because with out your suggestions etc i couldnt have got it running thanks :approve:

alien green rs133
Well done. you deserve success.

i remember us chatting as we were embarking engine swaps circa same time, mines been running for a while now and its about to stop as im replacing ecu, bring on the hours of head scratching :(

but seriously well done for working it out :D

hutchie

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Cheers lads,

I went into this conversion with the basic knowledge of mechanics and from
it i have gained alot more, most of it from here which has been helpfull, ok its taken 5months but it was worth it for me, now is to get it mot'd etc and sort the lamba connectors,

aye hutchie i remember that well, and when i saw you had yours running i felt abit thick as you got it working straight away lol,

Now the fun begins gettin insurance etc

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Sounds like an air/vacuum leak

Well done buddy :cool:

As above sounds like a vacuum leak

Ok update time,

Still idle's high, if i dont turn the key off it will hit the limiter.

On the rear of the inlet manifold there is a connection which is now plugged in with a pipe that goes into the "big drum" behinde the engine. There is also one in the front but even when my next door neighbour blocked the one on the front of the inlet mani it doesnt make a difference,

Now im not to sure if those sensors plugs on the left of the inlet mani and on the bottom right affect to much air going in,

note: i dont have a air filter on, but been told this doesnt affect the control of air causing the idleing

Is the upper manifold seated correctly? Vac hose to the carbon canister connected? There's also a little vacuum hose that comes off the throttle body

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Is the upper manifold seated correctly? Vac hose to the carbon canister connected? There's also a little vacuum hose that comes off the throttle body

upper manifold i will double check, im 100% sure its on but il check,

Carbon cannister is connected properly,

The one on the throttle body i havnt seen before, you sure theres one on a ph2?

theres one under the coil pack, which i have a smaco induction hose which has the extra that feeds into that, so maybe a induction filter affects it, but sod paying £35 for a ripspeed in halfords tho.

172 & LCR
Is the rubber seal fitted on the bottom of the upper inlet manifold egg shaped seal you'll need to lift it to check I'll bet it's fell out or the inlet is not sitting correctly on top of the engine.

alien green rs133
if you were an hour closer i would pop over and sort ti for you dude. post a pic of your engine bay and i might be able to see/tell you where your going wrong :D

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
i kno,

theres one on the left hand side going into the rocker cover, one on the back of the rocker cover, another in the front and rear of the inlet manifold close to the Tb,..

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Ok, so iv been workin on the car for a hour, to try and see why its revving so high,

Removed the inlet mani and check for the egg shaped ring and it was there and in place correctly as you could see the mark on the rocker cover were it was resting against.

Next i checked the connector on the back of the mani and that was on properly as i have a jubilee clip holding it on tight, the only one i dont have anything to connect is the front one..

see here:
62696877.jpg

But iv had my next door neighbour to block that with his thumb when i turn the key and it still goes up to about 4k+, .

Now i think i should mention this but when i turn the key for a split second it will idle at about 1k then up its goes high,

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
noo huge lol, hes blocked the one in the front(small yellow one)

So im just curious why the heck its revvin so high, could it be a dodgey sensor on the left of the inlet manifold

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
ahh ye, could they be at fault?

i wont be able to work on the car untill weekend now, as every time i get home its pitch black, but il sort it thi weekend as iv got a bunch of stuff to do like re-fill gearbox as its been leaking..