ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ecu Unlocking

Are you running a UCH setup?

The ph1 setup is far simpler

No, I ditched all that, it's apparently all done with software in the PH2....

This is the last chance for the PH2 stuff, I have an emulator for the PH1, and an RSTuner has been on it's way for a month - another long story:rolleyes:

No, I ditched all that, it's apparently all done with software in the PH2....

This is the last chance for the PH2 stuff, I have an emulator for the PH1, and an RSTuner has been on it's way for a month - another long story:rolleyes:

Make sure they don't send you a kangoo K4M map as that's the only non immob map as standard.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
If it's a valid code though, that's what you want. It should work.

If it's not then the ECU shouldn't have accepted it and you'll still have a virginised ECU.

Have you had it turning over?

I have had the car turning over before i got the ecu virginised, since done it and emulator fitted i havnt had any luck..

just waiting for a answer back from the guy now..

@ Andrew, you say pin 58 is Cruise control? yet the guide says its a Engine Immob system.. now i either have the wrong diagram or you have it..

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Yeah, think it was them that sent f0xy the kangoo map, be good to double check.

Jay low, ditch the manky ph2 stuff and go ph1 :rasp::rasp:

Anyone want to go halves on this?

http://www.tek-tronics.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=34&products_id=59

How could i make it into a ph1 setup tho, that would mean i need to change all the wiring again, change the throttle body so that its cable operated and a bunch ov other stuff..

& no, i wont go halves with you on that, even tho it would be cheaper and could do it to other people im sure it could pay itself off..

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Email back from the dude..

Hi yes thats the correct Emulator..

1, decode the Ecu
2, Add an emulator (this sends an ok signal but no code) doesnt need a code as the ecu has been decoded (no code stored)
3, cut the immo line from the dash/bsi to the ecu (this will mean the car immo system cant talk t othe ecu and ONLY talks to the emulator and gets an ok signal to start..

P.s most likely you havnt..

1, cut the immo line to the ecu
2, decoded the ecu
3,some other fault
4, fault emulator (highly unlikely but possible)

Now what is this dash/bsi line??

1 → IGNITION COIL 2-3 CONTROL
32 → IGNITION COIL 1-4 CONTROL
3 --- POWER EARTH
33 --- POWER EARTH
4 → CANISTER PURGE CONTROL
8 → FAN ASSEMBLY RELAY 1 CONTROL BY CCTM
38 → FAN ASSEMBLY RELAY 2 CONTROL BY CCTM
9 → COOLANT TEMPERATURE WARNING LIGHT
39 → ACTUATOR RELAY CONTROL
10 → AC COMPRESSOR CONTROL
41 → IDLE SPEED REGULATOR CONTROL (TRACK A)
12 → IDLE SPEED REGULATOR CONTROL (TRACK B)
42 → IDLE SPEED REGULATOR CONTROL (TRACK C)
13 ← COOLANT TEMPERATURE SENSOR INPUT
43 ← THROTTLE POTENTIOMETER SIGNAL
15 --- PRESSURE SENSOR EARTH
45 ← OXYGEN SENSOR SIGNAL INPUT
63 → OXYGEN SENSOR HEATER CONTROL
64 → CAMSHAFT OFFSETTING DEVICE CONTROL
65 → GEAR CHANGE INDICATOR LIGHT CONTROL
66 --- +AFTER IGNITION
68 → FUEL PUMP RELAY CONTROL
70 → TDC ENGINE SPEED INFORMATION
72 → IDLE SPEED REGULATOR CONTROL (TRACK D)
73 --- COOLANT TEMPERATURE SENSOR EARTH
74 --- THROTTLE POTENTIOMETER SUPPLY
75 --- THROTTLE POTENTIOMETER EARTH
16 ← MANIFOLD PRESSURE SENSOR SIGNAL INPUT
19 --- KNOCK SENSOR SHIELDING
49 ← AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR INPUT
20 ← KNOCK SENSOR SIGNAL INPUT
23 ← AC COMPRESSOR POWER ABSORBED INFORMATION
53 ← VEHICLE SPEED INPUT
24 ← ENGINE SPEED SENSOR SIGNAL INPUT
54 ← ENGINE SPEED SENSOR SIGNAL INPUT
26 --- DIAGNOSTIC
56 --- DIAGNOSTIC
28 --- POWER EARTH
58 ← ENGINE IMMOBILISER SYSTEM
29 --- +AFTER IGNITION
59 → INJECTOR 1 CONTROL
30 --- +BEFORE IGNITION
60 → INJECTOR 3 CONTROL
77 --- AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR EARTH
78 --- PRESSURE SENSOR SUPPLY
79 --- KNOCK SENSOR EARTH
80 --- OXYGEN SENSOR EARTH
85 → POWER STEERING PRESSURE SWITCH INFORMATION
89 → INJECTOR 4 CONTROL
90 → INJECTOR 2 CONTROL

Those are the Sirius 32 ph1 pins

They differ from the Sirius 34 ph2 pins

Looks like the emulator won't work with the ph2 setup as it's a CAN BUS setup, much more complex

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
1 → IGNITION COIL 2-3 CONTROL
32 → IGNITION COIL 1-4 CONTROL
3 --- POWER EARTH
33 --- POWER EARTH
4 → CANISTER PURGE CONTROL
8 → FAN ASSEMBLY RELAY 1 CONTROL BY CCTM
38 → FAN ASSEMBLY RELAY 2 CONTROL BY CCTM
9 → COOLANT TEMPERATURE WARNING LIGHT
39 → ACTUATOR RELAY CONTROL
10 → AC COMPRESSOR CONTROL
41 → IDLE SPEED REGULATOR CONTROL (TRACK A)
12 → IDLE SPEED REGULATOR CONTROL (TRACK B)
42 → IDLE SPEED REGULATOR CONTROL (TRACK C)
13 ← COOLANT TEMPERATURE SENSOR INPUT
43 ← THROTTLE POTENTIOMETER SIGNAL
15 --- PRESSURE SENSOR EARTH
45 ← OXYGEN SENSOR SIGNAL INPUT
63 → OXYGEN SENSOR HEATER CONTROL
64 → CAMSHAFT OFFSETTING DEVICE CONTROL
65 → GEAR CHANGE INDICATOR LIGHT CONTROL
66 --- +AFTER IGNITION
68 → FUEL PUMP RELAY CONTROL
70 → TDC ENGINE SPEED INFORMATION
72 → IDLE SPEED REGULATOR CONTROL (TRACK D)
73 --- COOLANT TEMPERATURE SENSOR EARTH
74 --- THROTTLE POTENTIOMETER SUPPLY
75 --- THROTTLE POTENTIOMETER EARTH
16 ← MANIFOLD PRESSURE SENSOR SIGNAL INPUT
19 --- KNOCK SENSOR SHIELDING
49 ← AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR INPUT
20 ← KNOCK SENSOR SIGNAL INPUT
23 ← AC COMPRESSOR POWER ABSORBED INFORMATION
53 ← VEHICLE SPEED INPUT
24 ← ENGINE SPEED SENSOR SIGNAL INPUT
54 ← ENGINE SPEED SENSOR SIGNAL INPUT
26 --- DIAGNOSTIC
56 --- DIAGNOSTIC
28 --- POWER EARTH
58 ← ENGINE IMMOBILISER SYSTEM
29 --- +AFTER IGNITION
59 → INJECTOR 1 CONTROL
30 --- +BEFORE IGNITION
60 → INJECTOR 3 CONTROL
77 --- AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR EARTH
78 --- PRESSURE SENSOR SUPPLY
79 --- KNOCK SENSOR EARTH
80 --- OXYGEN SENSOR EARTH
85 → POWER STEERING PRESSURE SWITCH INFORMATION
89 → INJECTOR 4 CONTROL
90 → INJECTOR 2 CONTROL

Those are the Sirius 32 ph1 pins

They differ from the Sirius 34 ph2 pins

Looks like the emulator won't work with the ph2 setup as it's a CAN BUS setup, much more complex

Ye i have all that down on a word document from Jord,

So if Andrew is correct that pin 58 is Cruise control then i dont have to worry about fixing that, but il remove the emulator and try it again.. guy hasnt mentioned that the emu wont work with the ecu atall..

So if Andrew is correct that pin 58 is Cruise control then i dont have to worry about fixing that, but il remove the emulator and try it again.. guy hasnt mentioned that the emu wont work with the ecu atall..

in post 48

"What i did find was with the Emulator is that it doesnt work for Series 34 Ecu.. now are you both running the Series 32 or 34?
Reason beeing is when i spoke on the phone to tek-tronics he said it wont for the 34, so i still orderd to try as it was only 35quid."

Ye i have all that down on a word document from Jord,

Andy knows his stuff fella, and the CAN BUS stuff is coming back to me, the ECU doesn't have a dedicated immobiliser in line that you can emulate onto. Andy has the ph2 setup and has been trying to crack it for months.

Your ecu should still be virginised or have accepted the new code from your UCH+key pairing.

Maybe the reason it won't start isn't ECU related

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Andy knows his stuff fella, and the CAN BUS stuff is coming back to me, the ECU doesn't have a dedicated immobiliser in line that you can emulate onto. Andy has the ph2 setup and has been trying to crack it for months.

Your ecu should still be virginised or have accepted the new code from your UCH+key pairing.

Maybe the reason it won't start isn't ECU related

Oh im not dissing andrew atall, i have very small knowledge on it tbh, so more info i get is helpfull when i try and explain to other people..

Im the same as andrew then as its coming up to 5months now, and still no running car.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Willy, what would i need to ditch this ph2 and go for ph1 style?? ..

- entire inside loom..
- engine bay loom
- Ph1 throttle body
- ecu/uch ingiton barrel the lot.
- accelertion pedal
- Throttle body (cable operated)

is that it ye? also will it all work with my ph2 engine tho?

Willy, what would i need to ditch this ph2 and go for ph1 style?? ..

- entire inside loom..
- engine bay loom
- Ph1 throttle body
- ecu/uch ingiton barrel the lot.
- accelertion pedal
- Throttle body (cable operated)

is that it ye? also will it all work with my ph2 engine tho?

It's a lot of expense mate, I don't really wanna push you that way if you can it running with your existing stuff.

But yeah,

Pedal box with cable
Inlet with cable tb
Both looms
ECU with either emulator or UCH and key

Doesn't matter on the phase of the engine

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Then I'm stumped as a virginised ECU should have just picked up the code when you turned the ignition on.

Are they all from the same car, guaranteed?

The first set i got was when i bought the engine from steve.

the 2nd set is for a 172 cup, which i bought from RM_Bailey on here recently. now that wont start the car either, which i was absolutly stumped because they all came off the car 1 week then next week it was in mine :S

The ph1 stuff is the last straw tbh, i wont do that unless i have to. which if it costs £250ish for the parts i will do it myself..

Il remove the emulator tommorow and check everything, hoping that the weather stays dry il check Everything over.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Only things i got from steve was the engine etc, i asked him for ecu keys etc which i gather was a set he had spare.

Fitted the engine into my car but running 1.2 gear like fred, changed all the inside loom, fitted ecu etc and it wouldnt turn over, sorted that out with a earth cable, and it turned over just no spark, and thats were im stuck to this point ..

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
i am, and the injectors are spraying,

12v feed goin into the coilpack its just not earthing through the plugs (take what f0xy has posted before)

if you were in this situation, what would be the things you would check over?

earth straps?
starter?

172 & LCR
Engine Harness? is it like 2 white blocks you have to connect and its under the fuse holder in the bay? ..

ye that earth is connected as i left it in when i removed the old engine.

@ Wilky, how would i test the continuity of the loom?
Bare in minde that everything else works on the loom except headlights as i havnt plugged them in yet.

The fuse holder right hand side of engine bay would have needed rejoining as it splits when fuses are removed load a photo as these could be slotted back together wrong need photos of the side so to check the colours of the fuse holders are in correct order memrory a double green a white and a black on one side the red to the other you would have joined these when you joined the 2 looms I'm just trying to get away from ecu as if you got a full conversion of steve it should have just plug & played unless wirering was wrong.

Hope this makes sence.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
The fuse holder right hand side of engine bay would have needed rejoining as it splits when fuses are removed load a photo as these could be slotted back together wrong need photos of the side so to check the colours of the fuse holders are in correct order memrory a double green a white and a black on one side the red to the other you would have joined these when you joined the 2 looms I'm just trying to get away from ecu as if you got a full conversion of steve it should have just plug & played unless wirering was wrong.

Hope this makes sence.

Ye i get what your saying, The fuse/relay hoder came with fuses in allready which had some damaged so these have been changed, some 50amps one did snap also replaced,

Underneath was a white connection block which connect to another which then leads into the engine bay, Il try and source a picture as i have on somewhere

here:

NOTE THAT THOSE HAVE NOW BEEN FILLED WITH FUSE'S AND ARE NOT EMPTY..

SNC00330.jpg

172 & LCR
Ye i get what your saying, The fuse/relay hoder came with fuses in allready which had some damaged so these have been changed, some 50amps one did snap also replaced,

Underneath was a white connection block which connect to another which then leads into the engine bay, Il try and source a picture as i have on somewhere

here:

NOTE THAT THOSE HAVE NOW BEEN FILLED WITH FUSE'S AND ARE NOT EMPTY..

SNC00330.jpg

I'm busy with a 172 at work at mo I'll check these against mine & let you know tomorrow.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Here you go Trev,

As you can see there are some empty slots but there are no Pins inside to take a fuse..

c838f6a5.jpg

& cheers lads, your input is very usefull, hopefully we can get this b**ch of a car sorted :)