ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Edition38 Early Edition

TTRS & V50
WARNING: Broken content.

However for those that don't hate but rate, today was a really good day. Finally a break in the weather, although a little windy, some great cars came out on display.

Plenty of air, static lows and general cool kids, y0.

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

The rest are here..http://carcal.co.uk/blog/early-edition-photos/

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Was going to head along to this with my mate and his brother, who has a Lupo.. but the forecast looked naff so decided to stay closer to home. Looking forward to the main event late in the year. Nice pics.. :)

RS6 C7
IIRC the owner of that white A3 has spent something like 50k on it lol

It amazes me how bodged half of these cars are underneath & around the edges..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What car had the retrimmed Recaros in it. 5 door?

TTRS & V50
IIRC the owner of that white A3 has spent something like 50k on it lol

It amazes me how bodged half of these cars are underneath & around the edges..

Completely disagree, these VAG boys spend their money, and most is top quality work, you go to Trax or FCS and the amount of bodge jobs there is ridiculous. The quality of work here today was very very impressive. You will always get cheap skates, but most of the VAG lot have got dollar.

What car had the retrimmed Recaros in it. 5 door?

This Gally,

DSC_0004.jpg

RS6 C7
Completely disagree, these VAG boys spend their money, and most is top quality work, you go to Trax or FCS and the amount of bodge jobs there is ridiculous. The quality of work here today was very very impressive. You will always get cheap skates, but most of the VAG lot have got dollar.

I know a few of the cars owners personally & they really arn't good underneath, Most of the newer cars are good though it's just some of the Golfs and a couple of the Audi's that are a bit s**t.

Some are done to perfection though!

Sport 172 flame Red
I went along in my 172 for giggles driving through the car parks in my flamer I was getting some very funny looks, parked well out the way in the end and I have to say the quality and standard of the cars there today was pretty awesome!

There were a few rough ones but in general most of the cars were finished to very high standard and some sounded great too!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I went along in my 172 for giggles driving through the car parks in my flamer I was getting some very funny looks, parked well out the way in the end and I have to say the quality and standard of the cars there today was pretty awesome!

There were a few rough ones but in general most of the cars were finished to very high standard and some sounded great too!

Not funny looks, just envy over being able to execute speed bumps at anything north of 0.1mph AFAIK IIRC TBH

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome mate some nice cars in that collection, I had wondered where this was happening saw 3 cars had been pulled over on the a45 past sixfields in the stupid 40 zone. I bet the police thought they would sit there and catch a few of the non locals out lol.

I do love some of those but its certainly not for me. Your pictures of them seem to give them a better look tbh when you actually see them out on the road and you sit following one with mental camber and slammed on its ass it just looks over kill to me.

Sport 172 flame Red
Not funny looks, just envy over being able to execute speed bumps at anything north of 0.1mph AFAIK IIRC TBH

well tbh any speed bumps and most were just lifting their air ride! Lol sounded like a lorry yard with all the air noises going on.

I did gets few excited looks when I put my toe down on the way out but when they realised it was a Clio they all turned away! Funny thing is my little 172 would probably blitz most of the cars there lol my mate today who went in his Leon Cupra R is even warming to the little Clio, he couldn't keep with me in the corners and off the line on some private land the Clio was still quicker! My mates have all said how surprisingly quick the 172 is for an NA car and how well set up the suspension is.

110 miles of pure pleasure driving in the 172 today and £25 worth of super unleaded well spent!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I just don't see the point. The R32 on Continental GT wheels nice, but only because it still looks vaguely OEM. The rest just look abit stupid.

clio 172 cup
i really dont understand the whole vag scene half of them look like suspension has collapsed and on these roads how do you drive them? i can appreciate the effort put into them if there done properly which most arent but seems silly guess they probably think the same when they see the clio boys roll up with no carpets door cards ect one bucket seat, they probably weep on the inside that theres no leather in sight.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Some cool looking cars and decent pics. Not sure i like all the styles but credit to the work (and money) involved.

What's static btw? (serious question)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Its honestly been so long, i don't even know what the f**k you're talking about. :(

Lol just a scene from bruno I think, I'm just chatting s**t ;)

Oh and static basically means how its sat when you look a it is probably how its driven, i.e coilovers and not air or hydraulics.

Sport 172 flame Red
I think the air ride guys have got it sweet. they look smart, comfort, style, stance and with adjustable air ride you can just raise the car on s**t roads. Static however I can't stand that when there crazy low.

Would only really ever buy a vag if it had some decent power behind it and a nice grunt. I had a mk5 golf 1.6fsi before the Clio and it was like a snail so it had to go but I miss the comfort and quality

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I enjoy the attention to detail and some of the looks are ok,but its all the same as it was 5 years ago.

There's just nothing new tbh.

TTRS & V50
Its honestly been so long, i don't even know what the f**k you're talking about. :(

VolkswagonAudiGroup I believe.

I enjoy the attention to detail and some of the looks are ok,but its all the same as it was 5 years ago.

There's just nothing new tbh.

Since the demise of bodykits I think every things been done in car shows.

So yes, much of the same, but there are gems in there.. Mk1 Golfs/Polos fully-restored etc. Some serious attention to detail.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
VolkswagonAudiGroup I believe.

Since the demise of bodykits I think every things been done in car shows.

So yes, much of the same, but there are gems in there.. Mk1 Golfs/Polos fully-restored etc. Some serious attention to detail.

We were talking about the vagina.

CLIO 172
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366065667.035756.jpg

This was (Static) and drove nice on KW v2's.

It's all a matter of taste but great pictures, I think if your looking at comparing a Clio sport to these Edition cars you don't know what your talking about, it's a totally different Car lifestyle.

TTRS & V50
if your looking at comparing a Clio sport to these Edition cars you don't know what your talking about, it's a totally different Car lifestyle.

Yep, nail on head.

I like owning a fast road car, but I prefer to admire these cars. Sack owning any of the cars shown, even if it's on air, but to admire is a different kettle of fish.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The reason I stopped posting show pictures here is that it always descended into the same bloody argument within the first page LOL!

Was a bit gutted I missed this, although I'm getting bored of all the morons edging their way into this scene. More and more s**t cars compared to the good ones. I go to most of the shows to catch up with friends and look at the PROPER metal.

TTRS & V50
I had noticed the demise of your threads.

You will always get the morons edge into the scene, it doesn't matter what, just like boy-racers, you will always get it when people are new to something.

I was really impressed with the quality of sundays show, I could have easily taken another 200 photos. I have high standards when it comes to quality finish on any product and I was impressed.