ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eds Uber-Gay Hairdressers car

ph1 track weapon
so after the S4 went to its new home in the North, and the house going forward, we needed to get a couple of cheap runarounds :)

so here's the first of them.

1991 Eunos Roadster
80k kms from new
1 UK owner who was a mx5oc member and recorded every tank of fuel that went, mileage per fill and cost per fill
RUST FREE

spec wise its running some nice BBS wheels that will be getting a refurb soon, seems a bit lower, but shocks and springs look standard and its pretty stiff!
HKS Panel filter in standard airbox
some kind of posh polished rollbar thats chassis mounted :)

plans for the future are to service it primarily as the dreaded hydraulic lifters are tapping a bit. It hasnt been used much in the past 6 months so we've been reccomended a good service and a tanks worth of abuse should unstick everything :)

following this thigns are as follows:

exhaust system with a decat - nothing massively loud, but a raspy power-releasing kit would be nice
induction kit of some sort, most likely K+N
Uprate the suspension - either meisterS coilovers or ebay specials
lower front brace
sticky rubber
some wider wheels for a bit of drift/track fun
a uk spec headunit as the one in there doesnt work at all
A full Geo setup with some poly bushes

so a few pics for now. progress will be brisk hopefully

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
What an odd mix.

UK spec front on it! Even the fogs!

It looks like its on Mazda Speed Springs too. As that is how high mine was.

ph1 track weapon
RUST FREE, my arse ;)

Looks nice mate, enjoy it.

ok maybe not totally free, but sills are spotless and no signs of being repaired at any point. arches spotless too. just needs a good clean underneath really and a decent sounding exhaust

HLAs are annoying when sat in traffic as makes it sound like an old Fiesta, but been assured it should be ok after a good thrash and some new oil :)

2014 Clio 200t edc
Nice tho. Wish id had one of these back before, looked at one but chose the smart roadster...

ph1 track weapon
as its the Mrs car i've driven a sum total of 3 miles in it myself, she's done about 50 and loves it to bits. I'm a bit tall for it but its all good fun :)

parts seem reasonable for them too :)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I could never get my HLA's to be quiet. So I ignored them lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not for me tbh. Might be a good car though.. i've no idea!

Surprising how much better Seb's Red MX-5 one looked than that!

I like! Looks to be in good condition as well. Lol at everyone implying it rusts from the inside out so you can't find it!!

ph1 track weapon
So in the quest to be less gay in the mx5 I've bought a second one! Why? because it has a load of the parts I wanted, and it was pretty cheap

bits i'm pinching for the blue one:
Koni asjustables - cant remember spring brand
manifold and full exhaust system
rear wind blocker
uk spec headunit and a few more other bits :)

then the other car with all the standard bits from mine will be for sale on driftworks :)

Evo 5 RS
^Probably taking a break after winning the most miserable person in existence award.

Tidy 5, not my cuppa but it looks to be a minter :)

Last edited:
  ph1 track weapon
having said i wouldnt spend a load on this that kinda went out the window. gonna persevere with the little beast and turn it into a track toy, so took advantage of Driftworks 0% finance and ordered some HSDs!

ph1 track weapon
HSDs are being fitted as we speak, custom exhaust being fabbed up by a mate too :) looking forward to this :)

pics to follow when its all done!

ph1 track weapon
HSDs on, and WOW what a difference! ride is noticeably smoother, less roll, better turn in, the lot!

Also fitted my IL Motorsport system to replace the knackered one, and sounds a lot better!

unblocked the drainage holes to have about 5 litres of water come out, so had a really good look underneath and thankfully all is soliid and it hopefully hasnt been sat in there for months!

And lastly, been keen for a set of Enkei RF-01s, and as luck would have it found a really badly advertised set on ebay for £20, so theyre getting a light refurb and going on!

Pics to follow!

ph1 track weapon
Finance for coilovers? Are you lbrench.

Pics would help me judge whether you are a pleb or not :)

Helps the old credit score dave. can comfortably afford them outright but if theres a 'free' way to spread the cost then why not!

will do pics when the rain subsides!

Also, won the Enkeis! were £100 in the end, but still cheap seen as they sell on mx5 forums for £300+. also sound to be quite a rare set as theyre normally 6.5x15s and these are 7s, usueally ET35 and these are ET19!