ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Egg on clio

V6
does Anyone no wats best to remove it. as sum clowns egged my car last nite :(. ive got most of it off just hard to get clear residue off paint looks like stain :s

cheers ross

only got pic of bk as camra died
cliomeet2006.gif

that pic is just before tried to wash. got all the yellow off just that clear stuff dont seem to budge

Last edited:
  RenaultSport 182
Did the egg shell leave any paint chips or anything?

I bought my 182 just over a month ago and within the first week it was attacked by idiots with eggs.

It's left little swirly paint chips and its very disheartening. :(

I gave her a good going over with car shampoo, polished and then waxed her up which took away the egg stains and smell.

But those bloody chips are doing my head in.

Mito Sportiva 135
w*****s! Egg is very hard to get off for some reason and often scratches the paint to hell. In the colder weather I would try leaving a warm/ hot leather over it for a few minutes to soften it up, then try a product like an insect remover if you have any, and follow up with Scratch X afterwards as the protein from the egg seems to stain the paint as you said... I know from experience it can dry like concrete though...let us know if you find a decent solution!

V6
cheers for help peeps im gona try sum paint cleaner and and scatch x in sec enoying thing is the more i look over car more bits i see :( havent noticed any chips yet thou. but as silver surpose hard to see.

106 GTi
Lots of soapy water and Megauirs All Purpose Cleaner or Autoglym Engine Cleaner.

Chances are the shell will have made lots of micro pitt marks that will need a repaint to fix if they where thrown at the car :(

Clio
sorry to hear that man, chav dick heads who are jelous of ya car probs? hope it hasnt scratched man!!

V6
manged luckly to remove it all. i used megs step paint cleaner after washing car came off after while havent seen any damage in the paint yet. gona give car full treatment monday if weathers gd needs gd clay and polish then wax :) cheers for all your helps peeps.

V6
f**king tw*ts - hope if you find em you give em a bashing

if i find em i wont give em gd bashing ill set them up for sumting ;) dont want them noeing its me as i live out in sticks so car vunrable :( and they cud do worse next time