ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EGR valve

ClioDynamique1.5dciSX 106
I had my EGR valve replaced under warranty last wednesday (as it blew out on me:() and when i picked it up from Renault and drove it a little way, smoke started billowing out from the exhaust... there was no smell and was just white in colour. Once I got home it had calmed down, and thought nothing more of it as we just thought it was oil burning off or something? Driving up to Trax was fine, but this morning, it was absolutely billowing out again, worse than before, at one point I couldnt even see out my back window!:S Once I pulled off after stopping there was no smoke what so ever, and driving home there was no smoke either. It's booked back into Renualt next monday.

Anyone have any ideas??

Thank you:)

RS Clio 200
Check your coolant level is ok as White smoke is water.. Oil would be blue. You often get black smoke after a new egr valve has been fitted as it burns off the carbon build up in the intake but not usually White unless there is a mistake in fitting?..

ClioDynamique1.5dciSX 106
There's been no black smoke at all it's all been white. The coolant was checked when it broke down and it was fine. Im thinking it might be something they havent sealed properly when they fitted it as I didnt have this before! lol. I dont trust S J Cook and Sons in Weston Super Mare as they've messed a lot of stuff up with finance and not doing things they said they would. Tempted to go to another dealer! the car still drives ok though, so I'll see what they say when it goes back in to Renault.

Thank you:)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Anyone able to tell me where the EGR valve is on a 172?!