ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach or H&R

The Beast MK4

Ive had trouble getting a suspension kit for my car because of the 52mm hub spacing (Spax kit I wanted has gone out of production) so im now just going to get some high quality springs. Eibach and H&R are the obvious ones and the price difference is £17.58 between the two. Both springs lower 30mm. Who has these and can you give me a verdict on them. Pref 98> but all opinions welcome.

Cheers, Jonny

Da

Less

mate, im in the same boat and believe me your best option is to swap the hubs for 58mm spacing ones. This increases your kit choice to the full range! Swapping the hubs will cost around £60, PM j3ned.

Daz

The Beast MK4

Yeah Daz ive heard he does the spacers but im just going to do the springs now mate rather than having the extra expense of changing the hubs and a kit.

Da

Less

not the spacers mate, i was referring to changing the hub carrier. Anyway mate, its upto you just pointing out more than one option :D

Eisbeck springs would be my preference there are more expensive and come well regarded from owners.
Id definatly get the new 58mm hubs and get a full kit though the diference is huge IMO from just spings to matching springs and dampers.
Changing the hubs is very very easy only one bolt although Id change the bottom ball joint as well for £15 a side as well as its easier to remove this and the hub rarther then seperate the hub and ball joint.

A well built VW

H&R ive got them , you can take a spin at the next meet compare them to Eviljohns Apex although he has uprated shockers - mines still on standard 2 years nearly and still fine

ST

That a fact....jus remember shauny am ridin on gas and packin a 1.2 16v with 75.8 (coz of my max power stickers) french donkeys! lol

The Beast MK4

Have ordered the Eibach springs. May aswell try them out since no Scottish peeps have them on. Cheers for the opinions folks

Not a Clio anymore.....

Quote: Originally posted by Jonaldinho on 05 August 2005

Have ordered the Eibach springs. May aswell try them out since no Scottish peeps have them on. Cheers for the opinions folks
Having trouble getting a kit? Try Motorsportsworld out at Strathaven. I have full Eibach kit shox and springs from them and you look as though its the same Mk Clio as I have.

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/

A well built VW

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 05 August 2005

That a fact....jus remember shauny am ridin on gas and packin a 1.2 16v with 75.8 (coz of my max power stickers) french donkeys! lol
:eek:my 1.4 8v should smoke you into the weeds lol;)

A well built VW

Quote: Originally posted by Jonaldinho on 05 August 2005

At least its the start needed lowering big style - What John said otherwise some skint knuckles and lots of swearwords I had to take mine to get fitted at National tyres as my McGard locking nuts had seized and the key snapped still only cost £50 fitted tho bargain took me 2 weeks of drilling to get the bolts out tho....

Look forward to the pics when you have them fitted - which ones did you go for , there 2 types isnt there

The Beast MK4

Farmer sized WD40 can at the ready John and Shaun!, and weewebbo I got them from motorsportworld its just I didnt really want to go very expensive like koni, eibach kit, coilovers e.t.c and I would have to get hub spacers for the cheaper kits which I didnt want to do.

They said one to two working days so they should be here the start of next week :D

The Beast MK4

Quote: Originally posted by The Big Yin on 05 August 2005

Look forward to the pics when you have them fitted - which ones did you go for , there 2 types isnt there

^Yup, Getting the Eibach Pros mate

A well built VW

Quote: Originally posted by Jonaldinho on 06 August 2005

Are they the ones with the bigger drop 50mm innit?

ive got eibach pros, theyre ok, handling greatly improved, ride is hard though, but i havent experienced any other springs so they might be soft in comparison.

im starting to think coilovers are the way to go, my friend has spax coilovers on his corsa, pretty slammed and the ride is still more comfy than mine. :confused:

The Beast MK4

Quote: Originally posted by The Big Yin on 06 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Jonaldinho on 06 August 2005

Are they the ones with the bigger drop 50mm innit?

Nope 30mm drop mate, I might be getting the names mixed up but its defo 30/30

BMW 320d Sport

Eibach and H&R are virtually the same AFAIK. Basic rule of suspension is Buy German and you cant go wrong. TuV approval means that when you buy German, whether it be Eibach, H&R, Bilstein etc, theyve had to design it to work properly on proper roads and conform to certain standards because otherwise they cant sell it. One of the reasons why UK lowering springs will give you crazy 50mm drops if you want, but German springs will only usually do 25mm at most.

With German gear, if you order it for your car, it fits and it works, full stop. Getting back to the Eibach / H&R thing, Im certain that their wheel spacers are identical to each others, just with different brand etching on. Best spacers you can get btw. Wouldnt surprise me if they share other products and just brand them differently.

VW ....

V nice m8 .... ive just had sportlines delivered .... have been on pros but want a bigger drop ..... mines will be on for the meet this friday :eek:)

You wont be dissapointed

The Beast MK4

Cool, really wanted them on for the meet but im not paying silly money for them to be fitted and if I try them myself ill probably screw it up. So im stuck until John is free.

A well built VW

You could do the rear ones in about 15 minutes yourself with the wheels on LOL! Go On !! give it a go need spring compressors for the fronts