ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach Spring Fitted on the 182

Clio 182 FF cup'd
Been a busy boy again, fitted some eibach springs on the 182 today.. Im pretty happy with the stance but i think the rear is slightly still too high.. In the excitement i forgot to take some before pictures but i have a few old photos that should show how it stood before. I also had some AST top mounts too fit but couldn’t for the life of me work out how to fit them so that’s getting done at birchdown when I get the tracking done next month. Unless i can find out how to get them on before then.

Before the eibach springs:
IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

After the springs were fitted:

P1040108.jpg

P1040101.jpg

P1040107.jpg

P1040106.jpg

P1040110.jpg

P1040111.jpg

P1040102.jpg

P1040112.jpg

P1040109.jpg

P1040115.jpg

Clio 182 FF cup'd
Aww mate had an absoloute nightmare, could'nt figure out how to get them them on :eek: We had a play with one for about 40mins trying different ways to make them fit but there was never enough thread left at the top! I wasnt sure if we were suppose to remove the rubber bump stop all together, put a post on here asking but with it being sunday not may people were on and it only got about 20 views! I would have another go once i find out how to fit them properly :S .. Fail!

Clio 182 FF cup'd
how much did you lower it by ? looks soo clean :)

I think eibach springs lower it by 30mm front and rear.. Although the figures from eibach don’t state if this is based on the standard suspension or the cup suspension.. So not a massive change but defiantly noticeable

pimp mobile Zafira
That is one stunning BG. I wish mine was the clean. Like the stance. As said in a week or so the springs will have settled in.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Are they prolines or sportlines ? Whats the ride like are they on std shocks?
Lookin good mate very tidy :approve:

Clio 182 FF cup'd
Are they prolines or sportlines ? Whats the ride like are they on std shocks?
Lookin good mate very tidy :approve:

Thanks for all the comments! :D
These are the sportlines on standard cup shocks, the ride is absolutely amazing. It feels so much smoother than the cup springs just takes the small bumps in the road and deals with them, rather than crashing into them like the cup springs did.. and in the corners they hardly give any roll! Astonished how different the car feels to drive after changing to these! Only thing i would change if im being picky is possibly is an extra 10 - 15mm on the rears to bring the back down slightly.. but otherwise i highly recommend these springs! :)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Thanks for all the comments! :D
These are the sportlines on standard cup shocks, the ride is absolutely amazing. It feels so much smoother than the cup springs just takes the small bumps in the road and deals with them, rather than crashing into them like the cup springs did.. and in the corners they hardly give any roll! Astonished how different the car feels to drive after changing to these! Only thing i would change if im being picky is possibly is an extra 10 - 15mm on the rears to bring the back down slightly.. but otherwise i highly recommend these springs! :)

How old are your std shocks ?

Clio 182 FF cup'd
How old are your std shocks ?

My shocks are on 52,000miles on a 05 plate.. to update if you want to keep the comfy ride stick with the standard top mounts :S Fitted some AST top mounts and the handling great but now it tends to bang alot over speed bumps and generally makes more road noice.. that said, they look good and improve the handling with the added camber thats what wins keeping AST's for me :p

Clio 182 inferno
Ive got these spring mate and as said they will settle and the car will look lower.
Ive recently added arb's and the difference is out of this world. I thought just the springs alone were good but the arbs have made my car feel completley different and has made cornering so much more fun.
Love your BG btw. Looks brand new, good job fella

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Ive got these spring mate and as said they will settle and the car will look lower.
Ive recently added arb's and the difference is out of this world. I thought just the springs alone were good but the arbs have made my car feel completley different and has made cornering so much more fun.
Love your BG btw. Looks brand new, good job fella

ARGHHHH i cannot wait until i purchase some eibach sportline and an arb...driving on gaypex atm is really making me suicidal. only the look of the car is keeping me from shooting myself..

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
ARGHHHH i cannot wait until i purchase some eibach sportline and an arb...driving on gaypex atm is really making me suicidal. only the look of the car is keeping me from shooting myself..

FLOL

Clio 182 FF cup'd
Bought them off somebody on here for £95 delivered.. they arrived in the original box and had covered about 1000 miles, looked brand new :p Win!

Clio Sport 172
amazing, lovely pictures and gleaming car!

I fitted my Eibach Sportlines this week too.. but mine looks alot lower on the back end than yours..?? I'm assuming maybe because of my subs/amps? (2x Alpine subs in separate boxes & 3 Amplifiers... )