ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach Springs on 172ff

I was considering dropping my 172FF on Lowering Springs until i can get Coilies :)

Are the Eibach Springs for the 172 really as good as folk say they are ?
Even when used with standard shocks ?

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=849

http://www.k-tecracing.com/catalogue.asp?app=Clio 172/Cup/182&category=Suspension

Or does anyone knows a better alternative :S

What about these ?

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1152

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1902

I was looking for Apex springs as well but don't know who stocks them :(

Whats everyones views ?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
im running Sportlines on my 172 with standard dampers because i was dissapointed in the handling coming from my Coilover'd 1.2 16v.

they make a huge difference it feels much more planted especially at speed. handles just as well as my coilovered car, not quite as planted though but still awesome.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
^^ what he said;)

pro's wont lower

sport's will!

both will make a big diffrance to the car! great value for £££

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Few of mine for you mate.
SP_A0086.jpg

SP_A0098.jpg

SP_A0030.jpg

SP_A0027.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio MK 4
the thing i find with sportlines is they dont all lower the same. Lemon's car above is a good drop and noticeable whereas i have seen others on here where they aint noticeable. sometimes higher than standard!

Owen

ClioSport Admin
the thing i find with sportlines is they dont all lower the same. Lemon's car above is a good drop and noticeable whereas i have seen others on here where they aint noticeable. sometimes higher than standard!

I noticed the same on some of the 182s posted with sportlines, but Fubar commented that cup/cup packed stay the same (or maybe go up a little according to some peeps) and non cup packed see a heathly drop.:)

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Yea they do i had them on my 1.6 as well so i dont know if thats something to do with it, but everybody says it very much looks dropped.

M2 Competition

I noticed the same on some of the 182s posted with sportlines, but Fubar commented that cup/cup packed stay the same (or maybe go up a little according to some peeps) and non cup packed see a heathly drop.:)

Lol, not at all. Was he talking about prolines?

Titanium 182
iv just got some sportlines not fitted them yet though, iv seen some with a nice drop, others that dont look lowered and the black one in the picture above looks low, hope mine dont drop that low as it looks un level with the back being so low!

audi a6 3.0tdi
just fitted sportlines to mine and its transormed it i'm so impressed. the drop wasn't massive but thats not what i was after i wanted to improve handling. overall i'd recomend getting them :)

Mk1 Clio 172
just fitted sportlines to mine and its transormed it i'm so impressed. the drop wasn't massive but thats not what i was after i wanted to improve handling. overall i'd recomend getting them :)

Would it be possible for you to post some pictures of the finished results?
Just bought myself a Mk1 172, and I'm in two minds whether to buy the pro or sportlines...

Many thanks!

Focus RS
I want the sportlines for my 182 but there is a bit of a hump as i pull on drive so am a bit worried about scraping that, are road bumps an issue?

prolines for road only car and sportlines for fast road and track day use.

You got that the wrong way round mate.

The Pro's are more suitable for the track day use - tried and tested.

Sportlines are a compromised "lowering" spring

I'll be changing to these after xmas.

M2 Competition
prolines for road only car and sportlines for fast road and track day use.

You got that the wrong way round mate.

The Pro's are more suitable for the track day use - tried and tested.

Sportlines are a compromised "lowering" spring

I'll be changing to these after xmas.

You junking the h&r's? Im thinking of doing the same mate, going back to standard with sportlines...

Suzuki Swift Sport
Ive got prokit eibachs on my 172, they are great - a world apart from the apex springs which were on it when i bought the car - I thought they were shockingly bad! (excuse the pun)

They also seem to have dropped the car a little over standard :)

Elise S1 B&C 140
Fitted sportlines to mine on Saturday. A good drop and what a transformation in handling thecar is alot more stable and planted through the twisties without compromising ride quiality too much.

Just shows what a good quality spring can do. very pleased:approve: