ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical testing help needed

Clio Sport xxx
Hi,

My aircon has stopped working and I need some help trying to find the electrical problem. I have already started a thread about the general aircon problem here http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=511856 and have established it is either the pressure switch or the relay.

I have already had it regased and everything is fine on that front. I'm therefore told that if I bridge the pressure switch and it kicks in then the switch is at fault. I've located the switch but it has 3 wires going into the back of it... which two wires do i need to bridge??

Also, which relay is for the aircon? and how do I go about testing that?

Any quick advice welcome as im under the bonnet as we speak.

Cheers!

Clio Sport xxx
its cylindrical, screwed into the pipework for the condenser, with a 3 pin plug into the back of it with 3 wires go into it. I can tell you the wire colours...

Clio Sport xxx
can i do any damage by shorting the wrong wires? i just tried testing for live feed with engine running using a light bulb and one wire caused the rad fan to kick in then the engine died, accompanied by lots of clicking from the relay area!

Polo + Micra
you need a multimeter if your going to do that

as something like that can cause more problems