ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Elephant Insurance

ive just realised the compulsory excess on an elephant policy is £300 for under 21s! I was gonna insure a valver fully comp with £100 voluntary excess, but if this means paying £400 out of my own pocket everytime i have a prang, i may aswell just get tpft. Is this kind of compulsory excess normal on alot of policies? Or is it very high?

Clio v6

The compulsory excess on my HHH policy is £75 with a voluntary £100. Elephant does seem quite high.

how old are you mate? As the compulsory excess for a 25year old with full uk licence with elephant is only £50. Saying that though, atm my excess is only £150 with norwich union.

Elephant is part of Admiral, who also have high excesses. Mines about £400 I think in total.

Have you added an older female as a named driver? This will reduce the premium by about 30% with Elephant/Admiral.

yep, added my mum who knocks off £100, and my dad and bro knock off a further £100! :D

Ive got another question about occupations on insurance policies. My full time occupation is a uni student living away from home. Would it be considered lying if i said my full time occupation was computer technician for my dads company (which is true, I am on his payroll etc) and part time was a student? Seeing as i do both occupations full time and the premium is alot less when i say im a computer technician!

Elephant do have a high excess on under 21s.. I checked other day..

Id put Student as Full Time (Thats what I did) and then your other job as Part Time.. Uni Education is classed as Full-Time even if you arnt there much (like me.. hehe.). Maybe you could ring them and ask?

Elephant are good tho.. about the only company who would give me a quote which was half decent..

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

my voluntary excess is 250 but by the time they added there young drivers an powerful car excess its £650

elephant has high excesses but they do work out so much cheaper for younger drivers of faster cars! just be careful!