ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Elf oil Synthetic question

RB 182 FF
Hi guys, from reading numerous threads etc I think we all prefer Fully Synthetic 5w40 Oil for the F4R engine for general use and spirited drives, track days etc... My question is Renault recommend (RN0700/RN0710) Elf 900 SXR 5w40 which they label as 'synthetic technology' but from research it seems it isn't a Fully Synthetic.... However they do an Elf 900 NF 5w40 Oil which is actually a Fully Synthetic oil yet doesn't seem to have the (RN0700/RN0710) label like the SXR oil, yet I presume the NF is a better option being Fully Synthetic.... Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Cheers, Gaz.

RB 182 FF
Since reading further it seems SXR is supposed to be Fully Synthetic, so now I'm confused as to how these oils are different in any way? Also the Full-tech LSX oil is supposed to be the best they do but doesn't seem to have the RN0700/RN0710 stamp, I'm confused...!

Last edited:
  BG Clio 182
Looks like it is at least a group III oil as the viscosity index is greater than 120 (172 actually) and it is listed as fully synthetic on the Elf website.