ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Emissions with Group N Ecu fitted

Does anyone know if having a Group N Ecu fitted to my car will affect the emissions at all ?

I think there is a good chance it will as it idles at approx 1000-1200rpm, or do i stand corrected ?

The reason i ask is i have had to remove the decat pipe and refit the cat for the mot.

Would i have been better to refit the Standard Ecu for mot as well to bring idle down ?

Or would engine or car throw a wobbler when i disconnect Grp N and reconnect standard one ?

And likewise when refitting Group N ecu again ?

PH1 172 Sport
I asked the same a month ago and didn't really get a straight answer so I took the risk and it made absolutely no difference. As long as you have a cat fitted it'll be fine.

I asked the same a month ago and didn't really get a straight answer so I took the risk and it made absolutely no difference. As long as you have a cat fitted it'll be fine.

Ok cheers bud ;)

I guess i'll find ut sooner or later when i get a phone call its failed the emissions are too high

Lol :approve:

C

Cupster

Dont they take the emissions at 3k rpm or something on MOT's not on idle!?

The Group N calibration (assuming it is a proper R-Sport supplied one and not some aftermarket remap flogged as Group N) maintains 14.7:1 at idle conditions i.e. steady state 0% throttle position. As such with a Cat on you should pass emissions no problem at all.

Cheers
M