ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Bay Advice

1992 Mini City
Hey, i fancy livening up the engine bay, as it depresses me in it's current form, and i kinda need some ideas, mainly relating to paint and hosing etc.

CIMG1112.jpg

Nothing too expensive, or too bright, the car is silver with black trim, and yes, i do plan on cleaning it.

Thank you, and release your ideas upon my screen.

a good clean like you say and some trim detailer, bring all the black bits up, will make it look alot neater.

1992 Mini City
Ok, cheers, you got any recommendations for trim detailing, 'cause i ran a quick search and came up empty handed.

Charged Superleggera
a good clean and maybe silicone hosing if youve got the money. also a carbon induction kit and a stainless battery cover will tidy it up alot. btw your coolant is lowww

1992 Mini City
Yeah, cheers, i figured it might be low, planned on fixing that very soon.

I was looking for a battery cover like that, any idea where i'd get one from?

Also, how easy is it to fit an induction kit?

Charged Superleggera
Scott, lets just say i did do that, how would the gearbox, suspension and brakes hold up?

you would need to get matching suspension and gearbox if you wanted to put a 2.0 engine in. as for battery cover well u could try ebay

1992 Mini City
Sounds like a plan, i'm sticking with black for now, i have some red paint, which i may put on some of the details, but it'll be minimal, because i'm useless.

b/g 182, meg tourer
i wouldnt use red mate. keep it simple. there is a lot of black and yellow in the bay at the moment. follow that theme. a dark grey also goes nicely with black.

Adz

Work van
Hi m8 this is my induction kit i just want to know if there is any engine covers i can get for this as i would like it in carbon fibre lol

MG ZR 160 VVC
my covers broken, came off and hit the alternator belt, made a nice hole in it :|
Was on with like clips, yours look a bit different to mine tho..

Adz, buy some CF Vinyl and cover the cover with that? Thats what I might do..

clio 1.2 16v
induction kit and a gd clean. ive got the same engine and looks a lot better with out the tomb stone on top of it.

1992 Mini City
LOL, Daniel, i was thinking about putting a V6 badge on, but i thought "no, CS will be livid", so i've opted for the more subtle black, with a few little yellow details.

P.S. It may be trivial and easy, but how do you get the whacking great engine cover off?

clio 1.2 16v
LOL, Daniel, i was thinking about putting a V6 badge on, but i thought "no, CS will be livid", so i've opted for the more subtle black, with a few little yellow details.

P.S. It may be trivial and easy, but how do you get the whacking great engine cover off?

it not an engine cover mate. it ur air box for ur filter. you have to disconect the pipe froom the throttle body and the pipe from the from next to the passenger headlamp. easier to put an induction kit on. for a 1.2 i get an awesome sound from it

1992 Mini City
Ok, thank you for the correction, could anyone give some feedback on the kit i linked up above.

And Duck, thats perfect, but does it come in yellow?

clio 1.2 16v
Ok, thank you for the correction, could anyone give some feedback on the kit i linked up above.

And Duck, thats perfect, but does it come in yellow?

do u wana keep the air box or not? if u dont get the cone filter. looks sweet under the bonnet. with aircon tho u wont be able to fit the relocation pipe because it fits where the aircon is. but stil works really well just behind the grill near the passenger headlamp if this makes any sense

1992 Mini City
Cheers duck, thats what i thought, while thats a wonderful deal, i'll wait til the yellow set comes on, just to keep the colour coding.

Well, yeah, i would like to keep the airbox, so i guess the panel filter is the best choice?