ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine bay

W

WAR 23N

I use Auto Glym products so for my engine bay I use...

* 'Engine & Machine Cleaner' - Spray a few sprays over you bay and leave for about a minute to let it work into the grim. Then rub it about the bay with a detailing brush to lift the grim.

* Steam Cleaner - I then use this to get all the grim off. Obviously this is goin to leave it wet so I dry the bay with paper towels. (You dont have to use the steam cleaner I just prefer to)

* Vinyl & Rubber Care - I then use this to bring it to a great shine.

Thats what I use but everyone has there own products they use I s'pose.

172 sport
Yea they do only thing worrying me mate is the steam cleaning the bay don't wanna get water in places it shouldnt if you know what I mean.

W

WAR 23N

To be fair mate, it would be hard to do any damage in the clio engine bay as most of the stuff that could damage is pretty much covered anyway...

If you was to use a jet wash or use the steam clearer in the same area for a long time it may do something.

I only use it to rinse the grim off because its safer than a jet wash!

172 sport
Ok mate thaanks I've bought a steam cleaner a while ago been thinking to do it but not brave enough worried about water getting in places shouldn't you have any pic of yours mate?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Quick wrap up of the electricals mate and you'll be fine, always use do work with the car running. http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/caring-for-modern-engines.html

Also you can use and apc and brush/mf's without a hose if it isn't that dirty.

I love Autosmart Pazzaz at the moment, like Aerospace 303 but cheap and can be used on arches and interiors aswell as any engine bay plastics, brilliant product. Spray on and just leave to dry, wipe any excess after an hour.

W

WAR 23N

Ok mate thaanks I've bought a steam cleaner a while ago been thinking to do it but not brave enough worried about water getting in places shouldn't you have any pic of yours mate?

At the minute mine needs cleaning but im doing it at the weekend... I'll take some pics then post them on here mate!