ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Cleaning

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Not sure if this is the right section but just a quick question.

Want to have a go at cleaning me engine bay sometime soon. Getting rid of all the dirt and grime and making it look half decent. I blasted it with the jetwasher the other day an that made a differnce but i know there are products that can be used.

Can anyone reccommend me some kind of decent degreaser if thats what its called. Cheers all​

CS Dungeon
Meguiars super degreaser and dress with Black Wow

I'd advise against using the pressure washer to 'blast' your bay mate, just use an open hose on low to medium pressure and you should be fine

visualize whirled pe
Do either of you guys recommend warming the engine before an engine bay clean? I usually do because I'm used to old cars where even the slightest bit of water would sometimes stop the car from starting. Or is it better to clean a cold engine so the chemicals are not evaporating so quick?

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Aye i know i shouldnt pressure wash it but i av done it a few times causen its quick an easy aint it lol. Cheers for the link rich will go on a trip to halfords later.