ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Conversion Insurance Help

BMW M3 - For Sale!

does anyone know any companies that will insure me on a 1.4 MK1 clio with a 2.0 laguna engine in it?

im 18, no claims, no convictions, no accidents. ive tried all the following companies:

direct choice - no
greenlight - no
hic - no
adrian fluxx - no
1st quote - £4400 comp
gsi - no
cia - no
one insure - no
fastrack - no
trident - no
insurance factory - no
ashbourne - no
4 young drivers - no
thames city - no
quote a car - no
norwich union - no
express - no
performance insurance - no
performance direct - no
prestige - £3200 comp
4iuk - no
maxinsurance - no
haven - no
bell direct - no

clio 16v

why declare it if its causing you problems? i dont agree with not declaring mods, but if its the only way to keep the car running!!

Quote: Originally posted by dannyboy on 25 February 2005
why declare it if its causing you problems?

because it would be stupid, no other way

if it costs you, then either stump up the money, or dont do it, quite crystla clear to be honest

engine conversions are rated as a higher insurance group than the original donor car (invariably) therefore would cost more to insure

know they will probabley say no but give norwhich union a try. told them i fitted induction kit and they surprised me and said ok no problem. their was no increase

BMW M3 - For Sale!

Quote: Originally posted by bsimmer3000 on 25 February 2005

know they will probabley say no but give norwhich union a try. told them i fitted induction kit and they surprised me and said ok no problem. their was no increase
tried em... the indian call centre lady said no

Skoda Fabia vRS

Liverpool Victoria - 0800 514 514

though im not sure they cover this kind of stuff anymore for new customers

500bhp Scoob

youll be lucky, i struggled to find someone to insure me with my clio which will be having its engine converted. ended up staying with liverpool victoria because im an existing customer.

Admiral/Elephant wouldnt touch me the minute i ticked engine conversion

BMW M3 - For Sale!

can any1 help me out as ive gotta get some cover next week... i dont mind phonin a few more companies if it can bring my insurance down from £3200!

Clio 172

Doh man! sounds crap but I think it will be very hard to find much cheaper. You should have checked it out before.

I have been through your shoes (in a diff way tho)

Bought a valver. Then at 17 got some real quotes which turned out to be more then before on average. Ended up paying 2200.

Always find out before I have learnt.

500bhp Scoob

i doubt youll find anywhere good mate, the 2 things that really do keep the price high is your age, and the fact that you have No NCB.

is that 3rd party, or fully comp?

lol, im about to have the same problem

i get 1 yrs ncb at the end of this month but i might wait till im 21 before i shove the 172 engine in.

BMW M3 - For Sale!

mole, yeah thats fully comp mate

i expected the high insurance and im very impatient when i want summin so theres no way im gonna put the conversion off! i dont mind payin the high insurance but when u buy sumthin you always find it cheaper somewhere else the next day! just checkin wiv u guys that i havnt missed any good insurers out

500bhp Scoob

what about doing a 3rd party policy then, to bring the price down?
then at the end of the day, if u crash it, its your fault, just got to be careful :)

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 25 February 2005

Liverpool Victoria - 0800 514 514

though im not sure they cover this kind of stuff anymore for new customers
Spoke to them last week - theyll honour all current policies HOWEVER there are now restrictions (quite tight) on all mods!

I think it kicked in the new year - SO if you have a policy before that kind of time your OK, if you take one out now then youll have to pay for mods!

Carl

500bhp Scoob

Quote: Originally posted by Carl_RT on 05 March 2005
Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 25 February 2005Liverpool Victoria - 0800 514 514though im not sure they cover this kind of stuff anymore for new customers[/QUOTE]Spoke to them last week - theyll honour all current policies HOWEVER there are now restrictions (quite tight) on all mods!I think it kicked in the new year - SO if you have a policy before that kind of time your OK, if you take one out now then youll have to pay for mods! Carl

Yep, they are gonna insure me with my engine conversion, got my insurance with them last april as i needed a company to insure me with mods.

Rang them up just after christmas and asked if theyd be able to insure me with a turbod engine, and they said yes, as im an existing customer.

A few people i know have tried getting insurance with them this year, and have been unable to due to their new rules on mods