ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine conversion that hasnt been declared on insurance . ( not me lol )

320d
people who do this run the risk . the first 6 months of owning my car i was insured with direct line and my car is modified . not knowing this voids my insurance etc . i was quite dull to it . In the end sorted that all out . so tbh i cant go slagging him off as its no different than driving around with a set of alloy wheels and not telling your insurance company .:eek:

Who you insured with now mate? I have to go with directline becuase they are the only one's who will except my scooter ncb and are by far the cheapest. Its annoying me that i cant even put an induction kit on becuase i know i'm going with directline in august. Just gona have to see it as a cheap was of getting a years proper NCB, well relitavely cheap @ £1480 :mad: bloody dear on the whole who for a 1.2 16v but i'm an 18 y/o male so nothing i can do

Golf TDI
people who do this run the risk . the first 6 months of owning my car i was insured with direct line and my car is modified . not knowing this voids my insurance etc . i was quite dull to it . In the end sorted that all out . so tbh i cant go slagging him off as its no different than driving around with a set of alloy wheels and not telling your insurance company .:eek:

Who you insured with now mate? I have to go with directline becuase they are the only one's who will except my scooter ncb and are by far the cheapest. Its annoying me that i cant even put an induction kit on becuase i know i'm going with directline in august. Just gona have to see it as a cheap was of getting a years proper NCB, well relitavely cheap @ £1480 :mad: bloody dear on the whole who for a 1.2 16v but i'm an 18 y/o male so nothing i can do

quinn direct now , but tbh direct line is alot cheaper . if it wasnt for my mum and dad talking to me about the problems if i had an accident i wouldnt have changed it . would have just run my luck i didnt have an accident ( awaits the critisism for that comment lol ) :eek:

i had my 106 mot'ed that had an engine conversion, went from a 1.4 8v to a 1.6 16v. was still registered as a 1.4 and went straight through the MOT, no questions asked, in fact it went to 2 garages as it failed at the 1st because it didnt have a cat.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Tell your mate he is a c**k and he is driving our premiums up!!!

I know someone with a mk1 172 not declared I do not agree with it at all, if he isnt prepared to pay for the premium, he shouldnt be f**king driving it!

I paid £1300 for 3 months to drive my 172 fully comp, I paid through the nose for my first car as it had alloys / bodykit and exhaust....

Why?

Because Im honest and if I did happento hit someones mum/nan/little sister I was fully insured for it and Im not a c**k.

Rant over

BTW your mate is a c**k ;)

nope. get the same emmsions out of a 4l jaguar v8 as you do a 1.2 clio... all cars that run a catylitic converter give out roughly the same readings anywhere from 0 to typically 0.10 (allowed 0.30 on extended test) for co.. HC 100 ish max and lambda 1..

impossible to tell size of engine looking at emmisions data

Not doubting your word at all Ditz do these not change at all? (hence the whole you need to pay more tax because its a bigger engine thus produces more pollutants) Guess thats just a blag from the government then! Cnuts

LY 182
nope. get the same emmsions out of a 4l jaguar v8 as you do a 1.2 clio... all cars that run a catylitic converter give out roughly the same readings anywhere from 0 to typically 0.10 (allowed 0.30 on extended test) for co.. HC 100 ish max and lambda 1..

impossible to tell size of engine looking at emmisions data

Not doubting your word at all Ditz do these not change at all? (hence the whole you need to pay more tax because its a bigger engine thus produces more pollutants) Guess thats just a blag from the government then! Cnuts
no, you get differences in other gasses that arent read on the mot

beleive it or not CO and HC the two checked on mot arent the most dangerous.

plus mot only checks idle and fast idle (2500 rpm) so there are differences across the rest of the range etc etc

i dont claim to understand it fully im sure some cars do put out more emmisions than others under normal driving circumstances (i've never really looked in to that as im not overly bothered) but for mot purposes there are no differences

Golf TDI
thanks for all this info etc ditz as this thread can be helpful for other people wanting to know these questions about MOT time .