ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Conversion

German Barge

Right im tossing up between getting my engine conversion done other the next few months. Hopefully by the summer

However im unsure as to what direction to take.

By the sounds of it you are all going towards a williams engine, but im thinking maybe a meg engine instead - as would this be cheaper, and a lot easier to come by.

Being me though, i generally dont know alot about the mechanical side of things i.e. is it a straight conversion for the meg conversion, and what are the power gains etc?

basically its down to power to be honest, and obviously expense - and is it true they use the same engine in the meg as they did in the williams.

Thanks all

Skoda Fabia vRS

if your thinkin of havin it done then ring Andy at GDI on 07010 716440

plenty of pics of my Clio GTT conversion on this forum if you search...

German Barge

any idea how much that will cost - bottom end? + power gains ?

Is it not worth doing the complete engine conversion then?

Chris,

If your thinking about going for a 2ltr convertion then you cant really afford to be fussy, ie going for a willy lump or a megane BE - both will be very hard to come by. You really need to buy whats going about at the time. It wouldnt have mattered which was offered at the time i was looking for one - but it just so happens i was offered a williams lump at the time.

Ive read alot of people talking about the meganes BE as being the cheaper option - this may not be true as its going to be really hard to sell your valvers BE to recoupe your money on your current BE. Atleast with a complete williams convertion you can sell your current engine like i did --> making my convertion worth while.

Both will give you around the same output in regards to power, Ie 150bhp + A full blown F7P has a slighty larger inlets & valves im told. How this reflects performance im not sure.

iirc megane BE go for about £600 which in my eyes is not worth the hassle over the full williams engine!!

Megane BE £600

Willy/16v Head £150

Willy Gearbox £250

Willy Ecu £75

I paid £950 for my complete engine, box n ecu

So i dont really see it as the cheaper option!! Especially as i can sell my whole 16v engine, box n ecu for about £250-300!!

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

When I can afford it and when I can find one I will be doing the same. Only want the bottom end as I am using a supersprint manifold and that probably will only go on my F7P head.

At least if you go down the bottom end route surely this is just a bolt on to your existing head, negating need for cambelt change etc. That is my thinking anyway. At least you know the history and condition of teh F7P head, where as a whole new engine would have to have things done to it for peace of mind.

Surely they do crop up from when people knacker the F7R heads through snapped cambelts etc.

i got a megane engine for mine cost me £600 its an s reg and had done 15,000 miles then got my spare 1.8 16v head all cleaned up put that on it put another fly wheel in 16v gearbox left in it then had my ecu chipped by hill power and i can feel the difference between the 1.8 and the 2.0 got my engine from just renaults in walsall(west midlands) and he had another engine same sort of milage hope that helps