ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Cover Screw rounded off.....

Clio 182
One of the screws on the engine cover of my 182 decided to round itself off :(, the other three weren't too bad to get off loads of WD40 and heat but now i've no way of getting the fourth one out :eek:.

Any ideas?

Not enough room to get my dremel close to cut a flat line out of either :(

VX220
superglue an old screw driver head into it. Make sure you dont want to use it again. You will have to buy a replacement bolt but should do the job.

LY 182
just hammer a flat screwdriver, torx or anything really thats oversized in to it

they arent really tight

ff 182
if all of the above fail try drilling it out then when the cover is off get some molegrips or pliers on the stubs and they should come out, i had to do this on mine a few years ago..

Clio 182
going to try banging a bigger torx head on it.

Where i'll get a new bolt, is it a standard size or special (lenght) Though i'm sure i could just get the dremel out and modify the lenght :rasp: