ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine damper or Torque Damper

ITB Hybrid+Cup+Scenic II

Yes on my race car... Will post some pics later...

Does make some more noise, cuz its connected directly to the body shell... No rubber as with the nornal engine mounts... I think you would need harder engine mounts too, if you are going too use the kind I use... with the damper, dont think it matters...

Michael

My volvo 480 has one of these and i had to replace it a few weeks back and it did make a difference. I cant see where or how you could mount one on a Clio though?????

Dazz

Quote: Originally posted by cliokongen on 24 July 2003

Yes on my race car... Will post some pics later...

Does make some more noise, cuz its connected directly to the body shell... No rubber as with the nornal engine mounts... I think you would need harder engine mounts too, if you are going too use the kind I use... with the damper, dont think it matters...

Michael
Hi Michael,

Yes, pls...need to see some pictures on where to install it.

Thanks.

Cheers,

KK

Quote: Originally posted by Dazza@work on 24 July 2003

My volvo 480 has one of these and i had to replace it a few weeks back and it did make a difference. I cant see where or how you could mount one on a Clio though?????

Dazz

Can be done, a pal of mine here in Singapore installed the torque damper attached to the strut bar.

the saab 9ks come with them as well. Solid rubber on the saab. Hell even minis have them.

I rigged one up in my 19 a while back using an old shock absorber from the back of the same car.

Best place is from the slam panel to the top engine mount bolts.

Quote: Originally posted by Chris_H on 24 July 2003

the saab 9ks come with them as well. Solid rubber on the saab. Hell even minis have them.

I rigged one up in my 19 a while back using an old shock absorber from the back of the same car.

Best place is from the slam panel to the top engine mount bolts.

Hi Chris.

SOme were saying can install at the low engine mount.... do you have any pic from your car?

Cheers,

KK

you can install the lower mount from a 19 onto a clio. Need the bracket and the mount. Any old 19 wil do for the bracket and mount.

Hard to fit, PS pump needs to come off (assuming 16V clio).

I dont have a pic of the set up I had on the 19. Basically I goty the rear shocker turned it upside down, bolted it using the mounting rubbers through the subframe them the other end to the lifting eye. It was a bit floppy so touched the engien at certain times so I took it off. Made a difference though.

The pics that cliokongen put up show rose jointed solid arms. I wouldnt use these as they will just tear the bulkhead.