ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine going into safe mode

Clio 172
Iv just had to replace the upper gearbox mount as that had snapped, took it out for a spin last night and it ran perfectly, however when i started it up today it ran ok for about 20 seconds but then the engine went into a safe mode so now the engine will only rev to 3000rpm. It does this every time i start the car. There are 2 lights on the dash, one is a box with a zigzag through it and the other is the exhaust gas monitor, i presume that one is on because the engine isn't running properly? Think i might have moved some wiring connections when doing the gearbox mount?
Any Ideas?
Cheers!

53 Clio 172
Iv just literally had this warning light come onto my dashbaord...the one with zigzag line through box. In the book it says preheating problem. did you find out what the problem was for yours??

My 1.2 did this. Took the throttle body off cleaned it with some carb cleaner, stuck it back on and it never came back.